What are the symptoms of motor neurone disease? As I understood it is the same condition as ALS. Am I right? What are the treatments for this condition? I didn’t find any drug used for treating motor neurone disease.

The ALS is a form of motor neurone disease, as far as I know. motor neurone disease usually begins gradually, and there may just be a feeling of tiredness, clumsy fingers and a weak grip are often the first sign of the muscle problems. After a while, turning door handles becomes difficult followed by difficulties in speech and swallowing. When the foot muscles are affected, raising the foot with each step can be difficult, in bulbar palsy, the throat muscles are principally involved, and difficulties in swallowing and speech may be the main features. Sometimes, the muscles can be seen to twitch and pain and stiffness can develop around any joint where the muscles are affected. I think that Rilutek is the only drug currently available to treat ALS and it only slows the progress of the disease by a couple of months. New treatments are under investigation.