Hi, I am losing sensation in my foot. I was diagnosed with peroneal palsy, and I have no idea what was the cause. What are the things that usually cause this condition?

Hi, the normal everyday activities in life are the most common causes of peroneal palsy. For example, crossing the legs can put a pressure on the lateral aspect of the leg, and compress the common peroneal nerve. If you cross your legs every day, compression of the nerve can become symptomatic. Peroneal palsy means losing of sensation in leg. Progressed symptoms are weakness of the foot and instability. You may not be able to stabilize the foot, so you can fall down. Peroneal palsy may demonstrate a greater motor deficit than the other types of nerve palsies. For examination is important lumbar radiculopathy, and some obvious things like foot drop. It is sometimes difficult to determine sensory loss, because of the small autonomous zone of sensation