I was sick last week. The symptoms were headache, dizziness, sore throat, body aches, and fever. I got over it, and had a sore throat for a little while afterward. During my sickness, the roof of my mouth behind my from teeth became inflamed. I didn't know what it was. Then later, a circle formed on my tongue. THEN, my bottom lip got these little marks on them. I'm not sure how to describe them.

But whenever I wake up in the morning, my bottom lip is covered in this brown stuff, and so are my front teeth. It's very gross. Right now, the roof of my mouth where those sores are is pretty raw. I can't eat most things because of this. I use mouthwash and brush the hell out of my teeth everyday. I also don't know why, but I still have that dizziness feeling. If I'm standing too long, I feel like I'm going to pass out.

Anyone have ANY IDEA what this is, and how to fix it?

The brown stuff most likely was old blood bleeding from your lips. Sore throat lozenges may take the dryness and hoarseness away from inside your mouth. Vitamin C supplement may help your tissue heal faster. Your dizziness may have been an aftereffect from your fever. Or your blood pressure or blood sugar may have been too low because you hadn't been eating right due to the fever. Drink plenty of fluid including chicken soup and fruit juices.

Hi: My 1st big question is are you sexually active? And if so do you engage in Oral Sex? IF the answer is YES you need to get checked out ASAP at your local STD clinic. IF the answer is NO then I think it is Oral Thrush - yeast infection. You will need to get a swab of your cheeks and throat and probably put on antibiotics. It should be noted the sooner you can do this the better as some infections can cause MAJOR problems with your health! In the mean time, don't brush for a bit, and use VERY warm water (a regular cup size) and 2 tablesppons of salt! Stir the salt in till it disolves then rinse and gargel the solution inside your mouth, swish it around etc. Then spit it out - NEVER swallow salt solutions!

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/o/oral_thrush/symptoms.htm

Also the brown will be old blood - when you are sleeping your mouth is open so the sores will bleed and when blood hits the air and is let to dry it turns brown around our lips etc. With your dizziness and feeling sore, I think you have a MAJOR infection. So the sooner you get help the better! Let me know how you make out OK? Good luck and health honey!

Last time I was sexually active is about four days before I got sick last week. I had sex tuesday, got sick Friday. It's now Saturday of the next week. I'm not sure what this is, but I didn't have oral sex. I received, but didn't give. We kissed a lot, and I used my mouth on just about everywhere else, but no oral sex from me. Oral thrush doesn't fit my symptoms too well.

What I THINK it might be is herpes type 1. A lot of people have that though. Lots get cold sores. I've had an outbreak before, but not like this. My mouth didn't do this. I just had my bottom lip reacting.

hoseclamps: I didn't mention dryness or hoarseness. I do take Cepacol to help me eat though.

Hi Kyoki: Whatever you have is DEFINITELY infection orientated! So you need to have your throat and mouth swabbed. NOW due to the fact that this occured just a few days after you having sex - COULD be just a coincidence - OR it could have something to do with it! Herpes 1 is less of a problem than what you are experiencing. ALSO if it is yeast based, do NOT take anything with sugar in it! The bacteria and the yeast feed off of sugar! So no juices or lozengages! It's best to use the salt solution! Your pharmacist will tell you that lozenges - such as Cepacol - can numb the area for a little while, but the sugar can actually make it worse! I would really like you to get tested and swabed as soon as possible! Due to the fever etc. And also know that IF this is an STD/STI! Your symptoms can match certain ones such as Gonorhea! But that usually happens with vaginal discharge! So get tested OK? And let us know how you go on?!

In case you're all wondering, my problem has cleared up almost completely. All that's an issue now is the roof of my mouth. It's just a little tender still, but very manageable. All I did was wait it out.

Glad to hear it hon! The only thing I want to tell you is when you're dealing with a throat or mouth infections It CAN lead to a REALLY bad infection such as Streptococcus!!! And I'm sure you've heard of Strep Throat! But the thing with Strep is it travels VERY fast and you can become very ill with it! Vitamin C and Salt rinses are the best thing if you feel something coming on! Once again, glad to hear your better!