Hi. I have oral and nasal sores and was diagnosed with nasal ulcers and oral herpes. My nose hurts really bad and my doctor told me to avoid acid foods?! Doubt that it will help me. My lips and tongue are so painful because of the sores. A friend told me that she also had nasal ulcers and tea tree oil helped her. What to do?

Hi. I also have oral and nasal sores – mouth and nasal ulcers. I have been using tea tree oil and it helps me a bit. I`m a painter and it`s really hard for me to paint because I`m allergic to noxious fumes. Anyway, know that oral herpes is an infection, caused by the herpes simplex virus. Oral sores are caused by wounding the mucosa (while chewing, biting the tongue etc). I still use tea tree oil because I fear of some severe side effects of the treatment (which is solely symptomatic).

I have gotten nasal and mouth sores all of my adult life. Acidic foods (tomato, vinegar, pineapple, orange)completely aggravate my condition, as well as the sun, kissing men with rough facial hair, and chlorinated pools. As best I know, these things alter my local immune response causing a flare up. How could I be so lucky? But there are worse things.

There are three things that have helped me avoid these sores. Avoidance of the above culprits is one. Then, as soon as I either see redness or feel a tingle, I start taking deep breaths to oxygenate my blood stream. I also immediatley take calcium supplements. After doing this the red spot regresses back into my skin and I remain canker sore/ blister fever sore free.