about 4 years ago i started itching on my cheeks. then my lips started to be very dry, peeling, and a deep red irritated color. after about a month of worrying about it, my tongue then my cheeks started to be very coated and rough. I guess it was at its peak almost one year into it- for one example i couldnt drive down the road with windows down because i would gag because my mouth was so dry on the inside. i mean this is ridiculous. four and a half years later i still suffer from this. ive been to over 20 doctors. ive tried everything. the worst part about it is that im sure its contagious. ive had a few girlfriends in the past that ive kissed and they have came down with it. No sores, nothing a doctor can see, the only thing i can see is slightly peeling skin on outside of cheeks, peeling lips, and yellowish whitish coating on my tongue that ive been told is normal. its feels like i swished very very hot coffee in my mouth, only dry at the same time. My symptoms have alleviated alot in the years, maybe im just used to it, but it's still there. Out of options, going to the doctor for some valium before i flip out.
any suggestions? im 24, healthy, but worried sick.

Have you considered it might be a gluten intolerance problem?  Just a thought.