The muscles in both my legs are permanently sore between my thigh to below my knee in both legs. I first noticed this about 2 months ago but seems to get progressively worse all the time. I have not injured myself in anyway so i am not sure what is going on, my legs ache permenently, it is also score when i feel my legs with my hands from about halfway down my thigh muscle to below my knee it is also very sensitive if the one leg rubs against the other. If i take a muscle pain killer they feel better for an hour or two but it then just returns. I also find that i wake up at night from the pain and then battle to go back to sleep. My legs now feel like they are burning up all the time but i am not running a temp.( I am 47 years old

Should i be worried and what could i be looking at here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you taking any of the statin drugs for high cholesterol? Many people cannot take them due to the muscle pain they cause.

njoynlife wrote:

Grant1964 wrote:
No i am not on any medication.

Any help would be appreciated.

Grant, start by googling "Neurogenic Claudication" - I have a similar problem, but not as bad it seems. With me it's to do with nerves coming from my lower spine being pinched, and in short it reduces their function to ultimately assist in supplying the leg muscles with blood. As you say, painkillers are so short term and to take the amount you need, cannot be good for one. For the last 6 months or so I have been (self treatment) using "Medical Marijuana" and all I can say is it works very well. And remember, it is NOT a cure - but rather a treatment. And it's no big deal - once in the early morning and once say after lunch (in the form of biscuits)