So, for a couple of weeks now, I have been getting random spurts of pain in my calf. It almost feels like a snapping/ripping pain in the middle of the muscle. It happens when I walk but mostly when I am sitting and relaxing. The pain is just horrible. It usually lasts for about half a minute to a minute.
Today, its been hurting for hours just not as excruciating, and it almost feels like its falling asleep at times. The pain is throughout my knee/low thigh and ankle. This is the first this has happened. I did have another spurt of snapping/ripping pain and it lasted a little longer than normal.
I cant think of why this is happening. I dont run or anything, so I couldnt have injured it in anyway..

Sounds to me like you are having bad leg cramps or to be more precise, your calf muscle goes into heavy spasm - that is the strong, short lasting pain you feel from time to time, but since the cramps are repeating this often, the muscle just gets tired and hurts for loner periods even after the spasm goes away. This doesn't have to be related to any activity - it can also be caused by some medications, dehydration or the lack of minerals.