A few weeks ago I noticed some of the hair on both legs fell out in the same places on both legs. The skin's also sensitive in those areas. Also have some areas on legs where hair looks like it broke off and has reddish dots where hair should be. Any ideas what could be causing this?

hey did you find out what this was? I have the same thing and your thing came up in a search engine. OK let me know if possible!!! Thanks

I have the exact same problem. Hair patches are very light on my calves, and stubble where the hair should be. Itching in that area. Very same thing. Could someone please address this?

I also have the same thing, I started to notice when I was about 16 I am now 26 and it hasnt goten any better I have been to the doctor and she said she thought it was Alopicia, she gave me some cream to apply twice a week and I got a steriod shot once a month for three month , nothing seemed to help. I realy wish i could find something to treat it .

Weird! Same thing here - noticed it last night - looks like someone has shaved the hair from the middle of my shin to the back of my leg - bothlegs. It's nearly identical!

No pain, good health, mid 40s.....any clues?

One other board mentioned "alopecia areata" - any ideas?

Guest in NYC

well,i'll join the choir. me too. no one else has any advice? it seems to go away if i regularly apply lotion, but as soon as i stop, it's back. seems like i'm losing more leg hair as well, then its growing back as stubble? like ingrown hairs? but i'm not shaving it.

Over the past two months the hair from my ankles has started to go. I have now lost the hair on both legs around the shins and it has worked its way up to my lower shins. Any ideas anyone.

IT happened to me too. Yet no explaination?

Leg hair loss in calves and lower quads. Red bumps where follicles appear to have broken off. At the same time I noticed this, I also noticed that my skin seems to be really dry in general; and there's a general itchiness in all areas of my skin (almost feels like mild frostbite at times).

If anyone figures out what this is, please reply/post. Thanks.

Same problem. Can Guest who posted on 25th Jan please tell us what the lotion was he was using?

Very strange.

Loss of hair from outer side of both lower legs. Smooth skin, no irritation and no sores.

Mid 40s, keep active through jogging & 5-a-side football, no health problems.

Birmingham
England

Very strange.

Loss of hair from the outsides of each lower leg. Smooth skin, no irritations or sores.

Also mid 40's, keep active through regular jogging and 5-a-side football, no health problems.

Hoping it's nothing serious....but looking for answers.

UPDATE: Visited local Doctor who after checking that the circulation in my feet was OK said that he saw no significant issues with the hair loss and suggested that it can be a symptom of stress through worry. Can manifest itself in different ways to different degrees ie a young 25 year old girl was losing her head hair due to worries over her pending wedding day.

Solihull
England

my husband has absolutely no leg hair from mid shin down to the foot...and he never has....it is truly baffling....what causes that????

hi
i lost the hair on my lower calves when i was in my early thirties. Now early 40s
I am now giong to the GPs to ascertain what can cause this?
Heard it can be to do with adrenal gland or thyroid issues but need blood tests to confirm
Have not got cold feet and my skin is very smooth too!
It is also a known symtom in some patients who have brain tumours so important to check out!

I have the same problem..did you get any answers yet