I get regular pain in the back of both upper thighs below buttock, occaional pain in right buttock, I guess thats a bit of sciatica, but the thigh
pain is worrying me, have not seen Dr about it. Can anyone help or has the same problem?

Hi:
You didn't mention whether or not you have a regular exercise routine. Could you have strained your muscles in that area? That would be an easy likelihood. Otherwise, I didn't have any other ideas, except for some type of strain, based on your description. If it continues, see a doctor to find out what the source of your pain is. I will be interested to know what's going on with you. Please share your experience with us thru updates. Good luck!

I have had pain in my right leg..upper back thigh..it seems to be moving up into my buttock area..this occurs when i sit for a bit..drive a bit..going on for almost a year now. i exercise all the time. doing stretches even pains me. anyone know what to do to stop this?

I just started this pain about a 4 to 5 weeks ago;do you know what the problem is and do you know the cure.

Pam did u find a cure or a diagnosis?I am asking because we have the same symptoms.thanks

I developed the same pain, mostly in the upper left thigh and lower buttock but occasionally in the right.  Worse when I sit.  I have had sciatic pain and this isn't the same.  It started 4 months ago.  I stopped walking for exercise for about a month and it helped but has never gone away.  Any suggestions?

Yes I suffer from symptoms similar to yours but under the Left buttock only. Mostly comes from sitting too long (desk, driving etc). Now it's affecting my running form! A non-medicinal form of pain relief I've found is as follows: Lie flat on your back on a soft (or yoga) mat with legs stretched out. Bend your R. knee and tuck your heel under your buttock. Raise your pelvis and still straight L leg up as far as it can go but DON'T stress. Hold for 3 seconds. Repeat x10. Now repeat with L leg bent etc. If this works for you can you re-post to help others. Cheers guys.

My thigh hurt upper right. Near buttocks. What can it be. I can sit down long time while driving. I start to feel discomfort.