I plan on starting with regular running and would like to hear which muscles we activate during running I mean do I need to pay special attention only to my legs or what? I am afraid of possible injuries for the fact that I once had already started with everyday running but I have stretched my upper leg muscle after just second attempt but would like to try it again so would like exactly to know what muscles do we activate during running/ thanks?

Hi! You probably haven't prepared your muscles before running so you injured your leg muscle. Have you ever heard about warming up before any kind of training especially your legs needs to be warmed up before running for the legs muscles are the once most activated during running. There are some special legs training that come along with any kind of sport also stretching your leg muscles is much important after every running and keep that in mind. Don't forget about your knee and wrists also and if you want to avoid further muscles injuries than buy yourself good pair of running shoes. And basically it is not like only legs muscles are activated during running, you might not be aware of it but the trunk and hips are pretty activated during running as well as your spine and abdominal muscles for they actually impact the posture while running. Even the upper part of the body such as shoulder and arm muscles are also important for it helps a better posture too so generally the legs muscles are the most activated during running but it is not like you should forget about other muscles.