I went to give the blood yesterday and nurse told me that I can’t because my blood doesn’t clot. How it is possible? What I should do about it?

If you have a history of bleeding problems and if your blood does not clot normally, you should not donate since you may have excessive bleeding where the needle was placed. For the same reason, if you are taking any "blood thinner" such as coumadin or heparin for example, you should not donate.

Hi spaid,

any blood related problems definitely are something you have to see your doctor about. Only if you take into account that if your blood isn't clotting fast enough, any cut or injury might cause you potential hemorrhaging, the need to see a doctor becomes far too obvious. Even though most blood clotting problems are noticeable since childhood, there are several of them that are linked with various deficiencies.

Most common of them is iron deficiency which causes anemia, it's easily treated with iron supplement, but before this, you will need a simple blood test to confirm the blood iron deficiency. If there is some  vitamin you're lacking, usually it's vitamin K or vitamin D, this can be treated with supplement, as well.