Hey

Im 12 years old and recently started having my period. I'm worried that i loose to much blood when i have my period because i have a heavy flow. Sometimes i get blood clots as well.I need to change my pad at least every 2 hours and i heard your actually supposed to change them every 4 hours. :?

Please help me

thanks

Some women have heavier flows than others. Also, sometimes periods change from month to month. You may find that your period will get lighter when you get older.

Blood loss does happen with your period, but most of the menses is not blood. Most is tissue created by the uterus.

You can eat iron-fortified foods during your period which helps to alleviate the mild anemia that women can get. These foods include beef, almonds, apricots, avocados, beets, brown rice, cashews, chick peas, kelp, kidney beans, peaches, pears, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds. Beef is often the most helpful.

Also, vitamin K helps with blood clotting. Chlorophyll is the source of this vitamin, so eat greens.