Good day everyone. My boyfriend was diagnosed with tachycardia. After he had some symptoms that indicated that he is not that good, so he went to see his doctor. He told him that he has tachycardia and that is good because he came at the right time. He told him that he should treat it with heparin. Now, it is weird to me that doctor told him that "he can treat it with certain medication". I believe that doctors know what is the best, they should not think. Can you help me? What heart problems can be treated with Heparin?

Hi Guest,

Heparin is used to prevent/reduce clotting.  In an arrhythmia it is common for clots to be thrown and they can cause a TIA or stroke.

He must take this exactly as directed.

Hope it helps.

Hey there. Thank you so much for telling me this. There is a reason why people told me to seek for the answer on this site. I never was thinking that I am going to get this information that soon. OK, I talked to him today when I read this text and you know what he told me - that he doesn't want to go again to the doctor because he doesn't want to ask him again some questions about therapy (he forgot certain things) and he asked me to ask you do you know which dose is allowed. Or is this different for anyone at different way? I am sorry because I am asking this silly question, but I need your help.

Hey there. I am sorry about your boyfriend but no one in here cannot tell you some basical information’s than his doctor. So, I can’t tell you what is the best dose, no one can’t tell you except the doctor because everything is different in patient. Look, heparin is an anticoagulant or known as blood thinner that prevents the formation of blood clots. Heparin is used to treat and prevent blood clots in the veins, arteries, or lung. It is also used before surgery to reduce the risk of blood clots. I hope that you will convince him to visit his doctor again. Good luck! 

Hey. Yes, I really do understand that no one can tell me something about the dose, but I have heard that three pills per day are optimum and that in this case you don't need to ask your doctor anything about it. That is why I was thinking that there is some ordinary dose that everyone can take. Maybe I was wrong, but I don't know - I am feeling guilty about it because I can't help him and he won't go to visit his doctor again because he told me that he is filling stupid because he forgot some things about it. I don't know what to do. Maybe I should see the doctor?

Good day people. My wife was using this medicine as well. I know for what you should use it. Just like madic dan and Guest already told you. That is totally true. I believe that they will give an injections to him. Well, Heparin injection is an anticoagulant whicht is used to decrease the clotting ability of the blood and help prevent harmful clots from forming in blood vessels. This medicine is sometimes called a blood thinner, although it does not actually thin the blood. Heparin will not dissolve blood clots that have already formed, but it may prevent the clots from becoming larger and causing more serious problems.