Hi there, I would like to talk about my husband's mom. I can't stand this woman. Did you have a feeling like this? I know that this is a pretty usual story but I want to hear the other experiences also. The worst thing is when we come to her house she is telling me how I should do things "properly".

Hello, I totally understand you. This is very common thing, but what can you do. Mothers are always protective and she wants the best for her son. I already got used to hear things like that. I oppose them still but we always manage to find some compromise. That is how we manage to have a normal relationship. I mean about my mother in law, because the relationship with my husband is great.

my mother in law helped my husband cheat on me with her best friend. i hate her.

Guest that sounds really awful. Now out of curiosity though how did your mother-in-law help your husband cheat on you? I mean I am sure that you hate her for what she did to help but ultimately your husband is the one who made the decision, right? I mean just to be curious, what happened there? Thanks for posting your insight.

I am experiencing something similar. I have been dating my boyfriend for 3 years and I cannot stand my boyfriend' parents. 

I think they are both horrible role models and shocked at how behave. They both live like there are no such thing as standards/rules/morals but the mother is worse than the father. I will try to be objective and accurate about this. She is a fraud, liar, thief and a cheat. She encourages everyone around her to lie and be a scammer like her. Most of the time, I feel like shaking her by the shoulders and saying to her, "Are you a 4 year old? How can you even display such shameful, immature behaviors?! Especially to your children? You're over 50 years old!" My boyfriend's family have money so there really isn't a reason they should be stealing, lying and cheating. The mother has funds in her Switzerland bank account as well as her bank account Philippines, has a secret income and yet they reside in the ghettos.

My boyfriend said that his mother has been through a lot due to her chronic disease. So what if I was diagnosed with Cancer, does that give me the right to go crazy over scamming others and blaming my coping mechanism?

I'm at the point where I ask myself. "Do I want to continue with this serious relationship? If I end up marrying my boyfriend, I also marry their family."

My boyfriend is the best! I love him so dearly but what am I suppose to do with his family? Try to avoid my boyfriend's parents as much as I can? For the rest of my life? Its really tiring and stressing. I do not like this negative energy that fills me whenever I encounter his parents or I talk about them.

I feel awful that I feel like I am punishing my boyfriend but this is what I have to choose in the end unless my boyfriend and I live on the opposite side of the world as his parents and it stays that way. I definitely do not play exposing my future children to liars, cheats and thieves (aka my boyfriend's parents and their family).