my mam has been diagnosed with capgras dillusion and my dad and myself are working blind we just don't know how to handle it it's horrendous for my dad she does'nt think he's an imposter she just sees him looking like different men and once even a woman she tries to throw him out she's phonin me frightened that this strange man is in her house and she says my father goes away for days then it's like a light switching on she sees him as my dad then he only has to go in the kitchen and she says where's my husband gone my dad is at the end of his tether and we can't find any help or support from her psychiatrist or our doctors she is horrible to him and it's causing a lot of rows tablets she was given does'nt help at all

How long ago was your mother diagnosed with the problem? The disease is treatable so if you have yet to find a psychiatrist who works, I would recommend shopping around for one. It's so difficult to deal with someone with this issue because they often don't trust anyone near them so it can be hard to treat. But I know that with proper treatment that your mother can get better, so do keep working with your psychiatrist and see if there isn't another who can help you. There may be a specialist, so ask around. Good luck to you. Keep us posted.