Hello!
I was diagnosed with lupus 5 y ago, though lupus is unactive. Yesterday and also, one month before I experienced shortness of breath and also had high fever. Also ankle swellings?

Chest pain and also shortness of breath is very common with lupus patients, ankle swellings also. Your symptoms are very typical for lupies. Pleurisy is very common and it is estimated that between 30 and 60 % of patients suffer form it. It can be detected clinically and on chest X ray. It would be very good if you would visit doctor; you’ll be probably given steroids and you’ll be soon all right considering pleurisy, which is very probable it is 9considering you are experiencing chest pain).
Considering ankle swellings, maybe towel, put in vinegar and then rapped around the swelling should help you.

Hello..

My grandmother has had lupus for 18 years and it finally went into remission after we moved down by her :D You said that your ankle swells..my grandmothers ankles and feet did that all the time. It was caused by her body was making her feet swell. She had to be put on fluid pills. So my point is that you should ask your family doctor to put you on fluid pills. Hope you get this seeing as your post is over 2 years old. :)