Hi, my kid is 5 years old and he is having nightmares every night! I am not even certain what to do, sometimes he wakes up and continue with sleeping but sometimes he looks very scared and that's when I'm there to comfort him. What should I do, will this pass on its own or is there something I can do? Thanks...

Well, you should know that nightmares are something that usually passes on its own in time. He probably endured some stress that might look insignificant to you but for him it was a nightmare trigger. I suppose that all you can do is what you did so far, perhaps you can try to explain him that a nightmare is nothing but a dream and that he has nothing to fear of.

When i was 10 my mate made me watch 'Signs' a alien movie i am now 14 and i was Sh!t scared to goto sleep for 2 years since i kept having disturbing dreams and one day i went to my cousins house and he had this poster on his wall to make him stop having nightmares so i thought just to go home and draw my own picture of somthing i liked it was a castle :-D i put it on my wall above my bed and ever since i havent had a nightmare once :-) so if parents try and my u believe in santa then u can believe in making then think a picture they draw can make them stop having nightmares so
.Get a Piece of paper
.Give it to ure child
.Make them Draw anything whats good so no monsters
.hang it above there bed
.tell them it will make them stop having nightmares
if this works tell me well it word for me and my brother :-D