Hello, I would like to know if sleeping in bed with the parents is ok for a 5 year old kid. My daughter is having some nightmares and it she cannot fall asleep unless she sleeps with us. Actually, we don’t mind that, but we still think that she should overgrow that. Are we thinking right? And how should we explain that to her?

Well, nightmares are something that come and go, especially in the child’s life. This means that in just couple of nights things might return to normal. If not and you strongly believe that she should sleep alone then you will have to tell her that. She might not understand at first but she will get used to it in a while.

When she has nightmares, go to her bed and comfort her. It's okay once in a while but i wouldn't let her get to used to it.
Lots of times our children learn our weak spots, really fast. My daughter had a fear of clowns and had night terrors all the time. Eventually we cought on to her. She got so used to running into our bedroom that she would sometimes fake a nightmare. Not that i am saying that this is your case, but kids are sooo smart.
We would return her to her bed and lay with her for a while. After a few weeks it was over and my husband and i had our bed back, and also a restful nights sleep.

Its ok once in a while but please dont make it a habit. It is not good if it does, best wishes.

I agree with bbfeet, its ok once in a while but dont let it be a habit. best regards