ok.. so my period is three weeks late and i have taken 4 at home pregnancy tests all with negative results.. i did go to the doc and she took one there that was also negative.. she ruled out pregnancy completely and gave me provera to start my period.. on my way home from the doctor instead of going straight to the pharmacy i stopped at home to google provera and i found out it can cause birth deffects if taken within the first four months of pregnancy.. i dunno why but i really think i am pregnant regardless of all the negative results... i've been moody! i've got lots of clear discharge ( so much so that i go to the bathroom alot b/c i think its my period) heartburn more then usual, my sex drive is threw the roof, i have wierd cramping on and off mainly after i eat, i have trouble sleeping even if im tired, i find it alot easier to fall asleep at the opposite at the opposite end of the bed ( i have no clue what thats about) and i've had lots of gas... my period are usually normal and three weeks is a LONG TIME for your period to be late... has this happened to any of you? or anyone you know? is it possible to still be pregnant? or do i have something else to worry about?? please help!

Hey there.. I personally think you are not pregnant, but you may want to hold off on the Provera. I think you should hold off on it because it sounds like you are ovulating. During ovulation you have what is referred to as EWCM (egg white cervical mucus) which is what you are referring to as you're clear discharge that has a wet sensation. Also your increased sex drive is attributed to the hormonal changes during the time of ovulation. The rise in progesterone and the fall of estrogen is what is causing your sex drive. If you had any stresses in your life or were sick, you could have delayed your ovulation. You don't have anything to worry about.

I would be most concerned with a doctor who just hands out Provera without doing bloodwork first. Esp if you told her the other "symptoms" you were having like the sex drive and EWCM, she should have thought you were about to ovulate. Did she run any tests besides the HCG (pregnancy test)?

Just try to stay calm and wait. If you know the last day of your "wet" sensation, then you should have about 14-16 days until you're period starts. I would suggest that you wait atleast that long. If you wait 16 days and still don't get a positive pregnancy test, then wait 2 more days. Take one last test and if it is still negative (after 18 days past your last wet day) then take the Provera.

**I am not a doctor, and this is just my opinion** But I am currently TTC and am a Nurse. GL!

my name is jamyra my period is three weeks late too nd i gotten mooder then i was before i throw up cuz i every time i ate i count hold it down not even water i throw that up too my sex drive is threw da roof to girl im useing the bathroom alot more then i used to i took a home text it came up neg