Hi

I am new here, however I would like to know if any one else has been in the same situation.

I have not had my period for 6 weeks. o.O My last period was in October 31st to the November 4th.

I have had 'spotting' in the mean time, however I have had several negative pregnancy tests ?

My periods have been 100% normal since I got them (5 yrs ago)

I went to the doctor and he said there is nothing wrong with me and to go back in a weeks time if my period is not there.... well I went back with the same problem and still there is nothing!

The doctor ruled out Cysts of all varieties as he said that I would feel stomach pain, however I have not had any stomach cramps at all, so I am still confused.

Basically the doctor said it is normal to have no period, however I fail to think this is right, with out a period, I am not ovulation (or could be pregnant) and either way, I need to have medical attention to fix or help with the issue.

I havw not been on any medication and I am starting to stress out about my period coming/not coming.... It is not normal to be like this (I mean it does happen, but for a reason)

If some one can help me, I will appreciate it, I am very confused at present!

If you are missing your period, if you are not pregnant and you don't feel some specific symptoms, that definitely means that there is something wrong with you. Late period and negative pregnancy test can be extremely tricky and generally you shouldn't believe those pregnancy tests 100% - I believe that you already know this.

And it is not normal to have no period! I am really surprised that your doctor told you something like that.  Your body is like a machine and you need to have your period every month. If your period is missing, that is a sign that something is NOT ok with you. Maybe some hormonal imbalance, maybe some stress caused this...Who knows if your doctor doesn't know???

I am have the exact same problem; I am also six weeks late. I was positive that I was pregnant, but I continue to get negative results on my pregnancy tests. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to find out my blood test results to see how muct progesterone is in my syestem. If I have lots of progesterone, than I am pregnant; if not then I am not able to get pregnant at this point.

Is it possibe to be pregnant and the hpt show negative after being this late for my period?

No period is not "okay".... it could mean a great many things. For one, your weight, if it is too low or too high for your body you might start losing your periods. Also, Thyroid issues, again too little hormone or too much, can cause your body to miss periods. You diet can cause malnutrition in some aspects and if your body is lacking certain vitamins or minerals it can stop your periods. And the all too wonderful Cyst... no they do not all cause pain... so I'd hope you can see another doctor.

Remember when you are not having a period doesn't mean you cannot ovulate, so if you are sexually active and don't want to have children, use other forms of birth control.

I am so glad to see that someone else has the same problem as me....I took a blood test today with a negative result. I have always been like clock work before this month, I previously had to wait a long time to find out with my little boy who will be 1 year next month.
I am just so sure that I am pregnant, but I wish my doctor would have better advice than to just wait 1 week and test again. We really want to be pregnant right now and I am not a patient person.

I am also 6 weeks late...and almost positive im pregnant...i have nausea, an increased appetite, im always hot, ive got the worst mood swings in the world, and im tired all the time!! but every pregnancy test ive taken has been negative! Im not sure whats going on either, so dont feel bad; you're definitely not the only one out there with this problem!

It sounds like we are both in the same boat. My period is now almost 6 weeks late and I have had nothing but negative test results. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since December and I have NEVER missed a period in my life! To top things off, I have had all of the pregnancy symptoms I saw online with the exception of constipation (I have never been pregnant before). So I went to the doctor and even got a negative urine and negative blood test there. I thought for sure that she would at least do an ultrasound for being so late and having so many symptoms. Nope! She got me to get more blood work to check my thyroids and make sure that was okay. I am supposed to get the results today, but it leaves me wondering what she will do next. The only comfort is that I work with a girl that found out she was pregnant a while ago. She is now 10 weeks pregnant and only found out at 8 weeks that she was because they did an ultrasound. She kept getting negative test results like I am and only now are they coming up positive. So my best advice is the advice I am trying to take myself right now. Just be patient because the pregnancy hormone may take a few weeks to really kick in. If my bloodwork shows that my thyroids are fine, which it should because I have none of the symptoms for this, and my doctor still will not do an ultrasound I might go somewhere else. Another one of my friends had a baby last year and her doctor did an ultrasound and found she was 3 weeks pregnant because she was having so many symptoms. I guess I will just wait and see what she says.

This is in response to the ladies who all have the same symptoms of being six weeks late, having nausea, tired, perhaps even tingling nipples or painful breasts, bloated. I've experienced this very thing and I swore I was pregnant. I've had two other children, so I recognized the symptoms of PREGNANCY. Well, I'm not. 4 negative pregnancy tests and a blood test revealed I'm not pregnant. So I followed up with a thyroid test and hormone panel. It turns out that a hormonal imbalance for so many various reasons, can cause these symptoms. Until I had all the facts though, I treated my body as if I was pregnant. No Alcohol... good nutrition and prenatal vitamins. I was very disappointed, but have a course of action to get back on track. If things are not adding up: i.e., pregnancy symptoms and negative pregnancy tests, then seek another opinion. Something is off balance. Don't let it go. It could be something simple, complexed or even serious. A woman's body is a complexed machine and needs to have everything firing right to run well! Best of luck to all.

Hey ladies I have been reading your comments and I really sympatize with you. I am 25 years old and I have been trying to get pregnant also. My periods are now regular but weren't always. About 7 months ago I went to see my gyn because of my irregular periods. I had an ultrasound done that confirmed that I was not pregnant but that I did have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). I was devasted because this mean that my ovaries were not letting out many eggs and some times none at all that will cause my periods to not come. This might be something you ladies might want to discuss with your Doctors. Bedt of luck to all you ladies and I will keep you in my thoughts.

for you ladies that have pcos or may even think you have it. don't worry too much. Even if the dr says you will never have children. I was diagnosed with pcos at the age of 19 and was told that i would never ever have children. Low and behold i have a 22 month old very healthy little boy. And just for the record, i didn't get a positive preg test until i was 4 months along.

I have not had a period since May 18th, I have done a pregnancy tester twice and both times the results are negative.

I have had a few stomach aches but no cramps, I'm not sure if its stress related as I have had a lot to deal with in the past month or so.

I'm getting a little worried too so may go to the doctors to see what they suggest.

I'm sure there is nothing to worry about, will keep you informed.

SO glad I'm not alone. I'm a lot younger than you guys are. I'm 17. I've had no period and negative home tests. it's been oh say.....40 some maybe 50 days since my last period and I started bleeding a little today and now I'm in so much pain I wanna die. I go for my blood test tomorrow to see if I am pregnant...thing is I tell my folks and I have no life. No job, friends, phone, car, leaving the house, being home alone, nothing...Bad part is I'm clinicaly depressed, bad anxiety problems, and sub consciously suicidal. Just remember you could always be me....There's your brightside.

am the same am not on mine and i dont know what to do iv done 9 prengant test and there saying am not prengant but i feel prengant please someone tell me what is going!!!

im 6 1/2 weeks late with my period! i really havent been myself at all..i've been having some symtoms and everything and i also have taken several pregnancy tests but all are coming back negative! wats going on with me could i be pregnant?

iv got the same im 15 almost 16 and im starting to wonder if im pregnant my bfs sure im not but its been 7 weeks maybe 8 since we did stuff together my periods 6 1/2 weeks late ? i took a test and at the start it said i was then after 2mins it camr negative yet i took another i don't know what to do i can't tell my parents..