i'm in a long distance relationship and i get to see my boyfriend about every other month. it is normal for me to have my period come later than usual after going from about 1-2 months of no sex to sex all the time for about a week when i see him. he has to pull out pretty much every time, i hate it but he just doesn't get along with condoms even though he's tried. i know it's possible for me to get pregnant, but we've been together for almost 2 years and it hasn't happened yet (i'm hoping!). . .

the last period started on Oct. 25th. i saw my boyfriend from Nov. 21st - 27th. i was expecting my period to come sometime between Nov. 25th - 30th, but it never did. it's now almost 3 weeks late. i'm really angry because i'm supposed to start taking the pill on the first day of my period!

last week i had a routine ultrasound to check for cysts or other abnormalities and there were none, so i don't think it could be anything like that causing it. a few days ago i got a home pregnancy test and it came out negative. i will probably take another test if i don't get it soon, but i really don't feel pregnant. i feel great, actually. earlier this month i was pretty stressed out about some of my classes. . .could it have been that?

i'm not TOO worried about being pregnant because this HAS happened to me before. it happened during the summer when i was staying with my boyfriend for 2 months. my period came about 6 weeks late after 2 negative pregnancy tests.

how much stress do you have to be under for it to screw up your period? is it normal for my period to come late from having a lot of sex after having none at all for a long time? how likely is it that i'm pregnant? i don't know what's wrong with me! :-(

did u get your period or anything? please tell me what happened because the same thing is happening to me.. email me please ***

**edited by moderator**

Very regular cycle - every 28 days!

My Period was due on the 21st February, I only noticed that it was late on the 26th February (6 days late). It is now the 13th March, I am 21 days late.
I have had numerous urine tests, 3 of these have faint positive lines.
I have had 3 blood tests, these have shown only negative results so far.

The symptoms I am suffering are: missed period, swollen/enlarged breasts, indigestion, nausea/vomiting, increased weight gain, passing urine frequently.

I am sick of being told to 'wait another week'! I know my body very well, and I feel like there are definate changes taking place.
I also feel that I need to know for sure if I am pregnant or not, so that I can start caring for my unborn child.

I have read many questions relating to the same thing, and feel that after reading these I am not the only one that's going through this period of unkown activity.

I would appreciate any comments/advice...

I am going through the same thing!! I haven't had my period since Jan 9 and I have the same symptoms as you do. Urine test had a faint positive sign and blood test came back negative. I cannot figure out why this is happening.. I am not under any extra stress so I don't think that is causing it. PLEASE HELP!! Did you ever find out why this happened to you?

There's nothing wrong with you, Most likely it's stress. When I found out I was pregnant I took 4 home pregnancy tests just to make sure. Any stress can cause you to have a late period, if you don't have sex for a few weeks and then suddenly you have sex, your body can almost go into a shock from the abrupt sex. When you first become pregnant, you don't feel it until about 3 or 4 months. if you have to, go to a womens clinic and have them take a really accurate test. But after you take the tests and they're still negative, just relax. You're really stressing out about something and you need to relax. have your man give your a full body massage to relieve some of that stress! take a hot bubble bath or sit in a sauna or jacuzzi. Put your feet up and chill. That stress is whats making you so late.

Is it true that if you didnt have sex in a while then have alot of sex it can throw your period out of sync