Hi to you all

I have been reading through the posts, and I feel really sorry for any of you who are suffering after a mammogram.

My wife had a mammogram over 3 years ago, and she has been suffering ever since. The technician at the time was in a hurry and never placed her in the equipment correctly. She then proceeded to apply the pressure, but my wife was in a lot of pain and was screaming for her to stop......she said "just a little more" and by then my wife was nearly passing out with  pain. I should add that my wife is around 5'4 and of slight build.

She suffers from acute left shoulder/back/sternum/breast pain, and can barely use her left arm. She is sleep deprived and gets very down in the dumps about it all. 

I have watched her go from being a guitar playing / horse riding / bike riding great teacher to not being able to do anything. She hasn't been able to work for over 3 years due to the constant pain.

I think one of the most frustrating things about this is the attitude of the doctors, and their comments about it being in your head. I KNOW 100% THAT THAT MACHINE HAS DAMAGED MY WIFE, and after reading posts on here I know she is not alone.

What I don't understand is why they don't seem to be concerned about what this process can do to some women........don't get me wrong I understand that they save lives, but I now know that they ruin lives, which is what has happened to my wife.

We don't have a clue as to what has happened inside her body, and trying to get them to investigate the problem is an uphill climb.

I know for certain that I can't sit and watch my wife deteriorate any more ,and I am feeling very strong about trying to take this to the highest level. I know that it wont be easy but something must be done to give women the correct information about the "possible" after affects, and also make mammogram technicians treat women like humans and not pieces of meat.

I really hope that I can find help for her.....................soon.

Thanks and take care