I have access to electronic portal for my medical records/reports. I had a mammogram on Saturday and expected if something was wrong I would have heard something yesterday/Monday. This morning I checked my portal to see an order was put in for a Diagnostic mammogram - but no report as to why I need one? What was found to warrant another one? Everything I've seen - 3D is supposed to cutout a lot of the false positives so as you can imagine I was rather upset. I called my doctors office to see exactly why I was scheduled for one for the receptionist to tell me she didn't know and not to worry - a lot of women get call backs. Again I asked why and what was seen that I need to go back and again she told me she wasn't sure. So now I have a diagnostic mammo scheduled for Friday but only on one side. My questioning is shouldn't my doctor tell me what was reported/seen and why I am going back? I mean now I have to sit here for the next 3 days worrying for possibly nothing. 

New update - was able to speak to a nurse yesterday who told me they do not like to tell patients the medical terms used in the reports because it makes it sound much worse. I was able to get her to tell me they saw a 6mm oval spot/ she also used the working hyperdense that they wanted to look at further. I've seen oval is good but then I've seen oval doesn't always mean good. I've seen hyperdense is usually solid as well. She said it's very small - I don't feel anything but I do have very dense small breasts as it is. My question is how likely would this be cancer? I am going nuts and thinking obviously of all the what ifs. Appt for diagnostic is tomorrow and with any luck I'll be able to get sleep and be functional for the appt because I haven't slept much over the least 3 days.