I am not sure that constipation in children is all that common - I don't think it is? But my three year old son, who is potty learning at the moment, has constant constipation and always complains that his poo hurts. He can also go for days on end without having a bowel movement too. Are there natural cures for constipation in children?

Prune Juice!!! lol

Drink lots of water. This may sound cliche but water is still the best remedy for constipation. Saying that water is essential is a mere understatement. It is vital and necessary, not just for the purpose of keeping bowel movements regular, but for maintaining the functions of all other organs in the body.

New Hope
I keep a Baby Food jar of pureed prunes for when my kids are constipated. Usually after eating just one jar it causes them to poop shortly thereafter. Stay away from the BRAT diet (what we eat when we have diarrhea--these foods bind): Bananas, Rice, Apple juice, Toast. You can also try Colic Calm--it's a "gripe water" that helps relieve constipation. Good luck!