:( our likkle girl is 11 month's,she has had constipation for 8 month's now,she was born 3 wks early at 9lb 5oz now she weights 17lb 2oz,she wont eat much at all,but she is in pain when opening her bowel she screems,its hard an chorky,the gp gives her lactalose but that dont do much,she is in out-patie3nt but they have left her for 5 monyths now an she not changed,also not gaining weight,does anyone relate to our daughters problem as we are running out of ideas...[list=][/list]

Hi there,

I can't fully relate. I have two baby boys and my first son had a problem with constipation for awhile. He would sit there and push and push and cry and sometimes nothing would come out at all. Maybe try switching her to soy milk. Or mixing apple juice in with her rice cereal. Babies love it. Try maybe giving her prunes? Or even giving her prune or apple juice? Fruits also tend to make bowel movements easier as well.

Maybe you should try asking your pediatrician if she can take a stool softener to help ease the process.

If you know when she's about ready to go potty soon...maybe you should give her a warm bath because that can help soften the process as well.

Other than that...I'm not sure what else to tell you. Good Luck!

hi nicola I appreciate your post is from a while ago but did you have any joy with finding something that worked for your little'un? My baby has been the same, constipated for months now and ive tried the usual orange/prune juice, dried apricots, lots of water etc and nothing is working. x