My son is 2 years old he is having sometimes tough bowelmovements and he did cry yesterday, as the bowel did not pass. After he did I saw blood in his diaper ! Dr. only says give more fiber , more fiber. Any treatment I could do for his anal fissure or ...
Pls. help.

Thanks.

I would agree with the doctor if it weren't for the blood in the stool. However, if it's just from hard stools chaffing the skin, then I would agree. If you know or believe it's not from chaffing, get a second opinion.

As for more fiber, prune or pear juice is great and children typically find them tastey. I don't suggest you get it from concentrate. If you can, make it yourself. If not, find 100% juice with no added sugar. That won't help him. Also be sure that your son is drinking enough water. This would include half his body weight in ounces of water a day. This will greatly help his stools soften and pass. It would help if it's not tap water but clean water.