My 2 year old has not had a bowel movement in 7 dasys. I have given him apple and prune juice mixed, 2 glycerin suppositories. Do you haqve any suggestions. How long is to long for a baby to have a bowel movement

Hello. Since you were trying with apple and prune juice with glycerin suppositories and it didn’t help and it lasts more than a few days maybe this is a great moment to visit your pediatrician. It is not uncommon for kids who are suffering from chronic constipation to hold bowel movements because it hurts them but if this is the first time it is happening to your son the best thing is to forget all the folk tales and just go to the real doctor.

And I have heard about stool softeners but this is something doctors are prescribing only for chronic constipation and hopefully this is not the case with your son.

Let us know how the examination went and what was the main problem with your sons bowel movement and off course the treatment.

Maybe try a warm water enema that should work for the baby

How long is too long?  Depending on which specialist you speak to, either 24 hours or 12 hours!

Because fats and yeast residues in the waste matter putrefies and is absorbed into the bloodstream, affecting the immune system and the brain and causing (or increasing susceptibility to) minor and major illness as well as affecting the behavior.