Hi. I am looking for some advice, as my dentist seems to have no solution. I have struggled with receding gums for the last three or so years, am nearly fifty and have never had any cavities and brush my teeth three times a day with an electrical toothbrush. I have had two operations for the receding gums, to kill the bacteria that can be causes it, but the problem persists. Are there any natural cures that I can be looking into?

As far as I know, the answer is no. Receding gums are notoriously difficult to treat. The natural dentistry crowd, which is all about curing cavities through nutrition, had nothing useful to say about my paradontitis when I asked questions about it. There is a natural dentistry yahoo group, which is very fascinating and full of accounts of people treating various dental problems with Cod Liver Oil, grass fed butter and other nutritional supplements. Really great stuff. But - no info about gum problems. Once you have gum problems, I think they will never go away, I am sad to say.