Please help! My gums itch and get inflammed constantly. I am obsessive about keeping my mouth clean. I brush several times a day, I floss, and I rinse with diluted hydrogen peroxide, liquid glycerin, or warm salt water. I have also resorted to brushing with liquid benadryl thinking it is an allergy. My dentist mentioned that I may have an allergy to the metal in my crowns because those are the only areas that are affected. However, short of removing all my crowns in my back teeth and having no teeth, I don't have a solution to that.

I have crowns on almost all my back teeth which happened post pregnancy with a multiple birth. I also have osteoporosis post pregnancy.

All I can think about is how much my gums itch... I keep a toothbrush in my purse just so I can scratch my gums. This has been going on for years. I had a gum graft because I also have so much recission. But that tissue is long gone. My recission is terrible. The itching is worse in the areas of recission.

I have no crowns on my front teeth and those itch least of all

Any suggestions are welcome.

Hi! The following are some of the possible causes of gum itch: Atopic dermatitis, Contact dermatitis, Infestations, Infection, Obstructive biliary disease, Malignancy, Medications, Neurodermatitis, Diabetes, Peripheral nerve damage, Gum rash, Mouth rash. There are likely to be other possible causes. It could be an allergic reaction to diluted hydrogen peroxide, liquid glycerin, or warm salt water. Try not using those or replacing them with some other products and of course remove your crowns. There are different teeth crowns materials, try another one.

I would love to remove these crowns. But who can afford that! We are talking thousands of dollars of dental work. I have tried every over the counter rinse I can find. The part of my gums that doesn't itch look great. Pink and healthy. The itchy parts only look red because I keep scratching them. If someone has a rinse recipe or home remedy I am willing to try it.

Sharon, did you ever get a resolution to your problem? I have the same symptoms with my front crowns. My gums itch constantly, but only where contact is made to the crowns. Been to my dentist who sees no issues. I too tried a variety of cleansing products, including hydrogen peroxide. Replacing crowns is drastic, and what if it didn't work. Anyway, hope you found your answer. If so, would you let me know.

Replace the metal crowns with porcelean crowns...helped me.

have you tried rinsing with diluted clove oil? It might help numb the sensation, its also antibacterial which could help. Try taking womens multivitamin it might be a deficiency.

Do you ever grind your teeth?

This happens to me sometimes after eating certain fruit like bananna. It's enough to drive a person insane. First, stop touching the gums. You will just make the irritation much worse. Second, gargle with Listerine. I usually let it sit in my bottom lip until it burns real good, then spit it out. The should give you some relief. If you really want to you can run Anbesol on the gums to numb the c**p out of them.

Olive oil rinse

Olive oil rinse

You know what j would try? Oil pulling. Whether its a bacteria or some other cause, that's what u would reccomend. There's loads of videos and articles about it!

I brush my gums with salt on my tooth brush it hardens the gums and helps the itch my cousin is Native American Indian and that's what she's done her whole like and never had a cavity

I FOUND A CURE!!!!!!!
I had lots of cavities and super itchy gums....
All is cured from lots of chewing on miswak stick... please research( Arnorld Spencer miswak)
Buy his ebook THERE IS A CURE AND YOU FOUND IT!!

Its candida in your gums which tend to populate and stick to the heavy metal filings.

I'm suffering with itchy gums and have caused multiple lesions. Dentist is prescribing magic mouth wash. I'm hoping it helps!