for the last few months my gums have been very tender and bleeding when i brush them. about a month and a half ago i got a sore throat and my mouth swelled up around my wisdom tooth. I went to the dentist and he said i had an infection under the skin where my wisom tooth was coming through and was given amoxicilin to clear it up. a couple of weeks later and i have it again. I have swollen glands and the bleeding seems to be gettin worse. i brush my teetch 2-3 a day and use mouthwas. but i also smoke. Any idea what this could be because im in agony when i brush them

One of the reasons why your gums would bleed, besides the infection as the obvious cause, is the lack of certain vitamins in your body, especially vitamin C. You need to re-check your diet to see if that is an option. And smoking definitely doesn't help in healing of your gyms. Swollen glands mean that infection is still there, that I know from my own experience with tonsil and throat infections - you probably will need stronger antibiotics than Amoxicillin to get rid of this infection. For that you will need to visit your family doctor.

Yes, lack of certain vitamins can be a problem and can be manifested with bleeding gums, but also, bleeding gums sometimes can be caused by some other things as well, such are a toothbrush irritation. That generally means that you are using an improper toothbrush and that you are not brushing your teeth regularly. 

That all can cause a receding gum, tooth sensitivity, sore throat with some white patches, You can see it on the mirror if you try harder, but you can also go to the doctor, which is always the first option. 

Seeking for a proper bleeding gums treatment is the option number one.