My father has a problem with clogged heart arteries. He is taking certain medications which allow blood vessels to relax and widen. His doctor told him that maybe he will need to go to surgery, if medications don’t do any good. Anybody knows any good advice how to clear clogged heart arteries?

Hi! My father also has the same problem. As I know, there are few things you can do to help yourself and prevent further damage. Activity is an important weapon against clogged arteries Healthy diet, lowering fat intake and, of course, cutting cholesterol are also important steps in dealing with clogged arteries.

Hello there isobel,

I know how you are feeling because my father had the same condition. I know that you are worried but try not to be so worried because of the whole situation but instead try to focus yourself on helping your father to lead healthier life because this is the only way to prevent surgery procedure.

First of all if he smokes you need to make him stop at once. Second his diet must be healthy and it shouldn’t contain any fatty foods but instead should be full of fruits, vegetables and foods rich in fibers.

Also he should exercise at least 30 minutes a day if he is not overweight and if he is than 90. Good luck.

I don't know if this will be helpful in unclogging arteries, but I have had great success in the past year in lowering my LDL and raising my HDL, which will be helpful in reducing further clogging. I have been taking 25 grams of soy protein a day with 1 gram of guggulipids. Guggul extract can be purchased at any health food outlet, but I have found Puritan Pride to be the cheapest. My LDL was 116 nine months ago and it is now just above 60. I am also eating one/half of an avacado a day and my HDL has gone up from mid to high twenties to over 40. I also take curcumin to fight inflamation, which many health experts blame as the cause of artery disease in the first place. I also take 1500 mg of niacin a day. I hope this will be of some help. Good luck...

I've searched the web on this, everyone explains what it is, but nobody has any information on clearing it ! Frustrating !