Hello there! My boyfriend and I had sex when I was in my fertile period and we used the withdrawal method. As we are too young and not thinking about having children yet, i took an ECP 100 hours later and about more than a week later my period came on time, except the heavy flow lasted only 2 days instead of the normal 5-7. I first thought the irregularity was caused by the ECP but t hen my stomach began to feel hard, so i went to the clinic the week after in the afternoon and they gave me a urine test which came out negative. now its been a week since the test adn my stomach still feels abnormally hard. was that urine test reliable? the doctor performed in in the middle of the day instead of the morning... and my stomach is getting hard but is that too early? if i AM pregant I would be in week 7, yet i have no other pregancy signs at all. Thank you for your time!

If you want to take a "First response early detection pregnancy test"..

HOWEVER after you take ECP the period you get may not be as heavy as a regular period, or it may be even heavier, different women will experience differen things.

Take an early preg test, and if it is NEG then it is safe to assume you can trust this.

my doctor was very confident that the negative result is correct , i have no pregnancy signs, but the hard stomach is really makign me doubt all the things. do you think the doctor was wrong? since she did the urine test in the afternoon

It is always possible that a urine pregnancy tst can be wrong, BUT A BLOOD TEST would be the way to go if you really want to know.

thats what i asked her for, but she gave me urine test instead :S should i go to her again?

There could be other reaosns why your stomach is hard though..

I have had three abortions, and work in a clinic..My stomach was never hard.... I know what you are trying to describe, but that is not always the case with pregnancy.

If you were 7 weeks already a HOME pregnancy test would be accurate by now.

Thank you, that's a bit reassuring :-) but may i ask, can you possibly think of other reasons causing the hardened stomach? thank you

did u find out why it was hard??

Hi Jes, early pregnancy doesnt cause your tummy to become hard, so I dont think thats something to equate with the possiblility of being in an early stage of pregnancy.

And a pregnancy test can be taken at any time of day after youve missed a period.

Good luck :)

Hi, jes, I am facing the same problem. I took few home pregnanacy test, they all came negative. I have a very tight feeling in my stomach, I get excessive salivation etc. I dunno wuts going on with it. Is it just some side effect, or I am really pregnanat? ..did you end up getting pregnanat?...let me know please, i would really appreciate it.

heyy !!!.. i feel youu.. we got the same problem. like a week ago i found out i was pregnant. then 2 days later me n my partner had sex i woked upp the next day and notice i had some spottingss. i thought my period camed or i thought i had a miscarriaged. usually my periods are heavyy. and this one was not as it always been, so i went to da dcotor and told me i was pregnant he tried to find tha babys heart beat culdnt find it my period was finnaly over. i went to the docotr the next week and camed out the urine test was NEGATIVE. wat??? i dont understand how can it go from A positive to a negative that fast. i kno i didnt have no miscarriaged. but i been feeling sick my stomach is really hard. and my tummy be hurting my boobs got big. && der sore