I am 1 week late on my period and I've taken the First Response HPT (3x to be exact) and they are all negative. This would be my 2nd pregnancy so I'm familiar w/symptoms and my body and if I had never taken the tests I would SWEAR I was pregnant. I don't feel that I'm under any add'l stress or anything that would cause a late period and I'm not stressed about being pregnant because my husband and I would be ok with the result either way, I guess my question is - even though I've gotten a negative test could I still be pregnant and at what point should I contact me Dr? I just would assume that if all 3 tests have come back neg. than I am not pregnant, but then why all the symptoms (queezy, tender breasts, cramping, extra tired, hungry, etc...) Thanks!!

What time of day did you take the home pregnancy tests? Because unless you test using the first urine sample in the morning testing at any other time of day the urine becomes diluted and is no longer concentrated with the HCG (pregnancy hormone) therefore can possibly indicate negative results. Try using your first urine in the morning when you wake up if you have not done so already and see if that gives a different reading. If you still get the same results chances are you are not pregnant. Hope this helps.

Angel4Taurus

I've tested at the middle of the day and just today did a morning test and still neg...should I give it another week and contact my Dr? Is this normal?

Have your menstural cycles always been normal or irregular? I would schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN for further testing and proper diagnosis. If your menstrual cycles have been irregular then you can choose to wait to see if you get your period. Sometimes it might be stress related or other health problems can also contribute to irregularity.
I know how it feels to see what appears to be pregnancy signs and then end up with negative results. As it turned out for me it was just nothing to be alarmed about that it was not uncommon among women to experience the same symptoms. I hope this helps.

Angel4Taurus

Well, could it be that you're getting ill? That is the only thing that immediately springs to mind. You're wondering, Could I still be pregnant? And I suppose it is, but it's quite rare for women to have negative pregnancy tests when they are indeed pregnant. It is not impossible, especially if you are normally irregular and not quite sure you took the test on time, but otherwise it's very rare. My advice would be to retest in another week. In the meantime, completely try to forget about this and see if that gets your period going if you are not pregnant, as it sometimes does.

i had some spotting (brownish) may 26/27/06, my peroid was supposed to be may24-26/06. may29 for about 2 hrs i have more bleeding and passed some little clots.went to er took blood tests said levels are low, but something was there. felt better the next 2 days , then june2 i started to feel really pregnant, worse then before( i've taken about about 6 pregnancy tests-all negative) but now i'm really dizzy, sick to my stomach and have to lay down due to pelvic pressure pain, am i still pregnant? what came out last week?

Hmmm, it's odd that you would say that the time of day effects it...I'm not familiar with the First Response test itself, but similar tests like the one by Clearblue, do not require you to take the test at any particular time. These tests are designed to be sensitive enough to get an accurate reading at any time of day (according to the instructions). I would wait a few days before you test again. If you are unsure of when conception may have occurred, some tests say waiting 19 days from the last time of intercourse when pregnancy may have resulted...

Hi there,
I don't think that you are pregnant. The reasons are is that I tested with the First Respose pregnancy test..and it is so sensetive, that is detected the HCG only 10 days after I ovuated, and I used middle of the day-late afternoon urine. Maybe you are stressing about becoming pregnant, that you are not getting your period because of stress-related reasons. In any case, I would just wait another week, and see if your period comes. Good luck next month!:-)
Katie

Hi! I had 3 blood tests thru the doctor and had taken about 6 home pregnancy tests before one came back saying I was pregnant with my second son, but I already knew and started taking my vitamins. My dr. told me that some people HGC levels don't spike like others and I must be one of them. Turns out that I was almost 3 1/2 months pregnant before the test came back to confirm conception, and the ultrasound came back saying that the baby was right on schedule...exactly in line with my last period. Good luck!

I just thought id put my mark on this topic by saying, that there are such things called 'phantom pregnancies' which makes yuou have all the symptoms of a pregnancy, makes you believe you are pregnant but tests shows you are not. Maybe you should look into this as well
love always
keekee
xxx

Megan W for your first pregency were you able to get a positive test, I think i am about 7 weeks pregnant and have taken may htps but all are neg. i have had one blood test also neg. Now eaiting for 2nd blood test results, very tired sore breasts, cramping but no period for four weeks now, have gained little weight but clothes are very snug and uncomfortable. Can any one else relate to this experience, tired and confused.

[/list]

My cycle is 30-31 days always. I am now on day 36, and have had strong pregnancy symptoms since 7 dpo. Implantation spotting at 9-11 dpo. Yellowish, stretchy cm (tmi) 12-15 dpo. I've taken 3 hpt's all negative. Trying to use first morning urine, but only make it to 4:30 a.m. Could this be too early in the day to test? Have been hugely nauseous, sensitivity to smell, food aversions, uterine and back cramping, sore nipples. Have had 1 miscarriage at 12 weeks, and 1 chemical pregnancy which resulted in a phantom pregnancy. Know the difference between strong symptoms and weak symptoms. These symptoms are strong but still no bfp.

here's my history: My periods are normal, every 31 days, lasting for 2 days, then nothing for the 3rd, then light bleeding on the 4th, and some brown on the 5th. I get cramping the morning of my period and my period usually comes between 5 and 7am. REALLY regular!!! I have been irregular in the past ... but it's been at least a couple years that I've been this regular, with this pattern. And even when I was "irregular", the pattern of bleeding has always been the same.

This last month (9/2) I should have gotten my period. I didn't. Instead, it came on the 5th. Technically 3-4 days late, depending on how you count it out. I wasn't too concerned, because everything seemed normal to me otherwise.

However, ever since then (3 weeks now) I have been exhausted every day - sometimes to the point of going to bed when I get home from work at 5:30 and not getting up til the next morning and starting the whole stupid cycle all over again (my job is NOT stressful, nor has it ever worn me out before!), nauseous when I get up in the morning, and whenever I'm in a vehicle, headaches have increased (usually only get 1-2 a month, I have had a dull headache just about every day at some point during the day), and the weirdest thing is I've had these off-again on-again abdominal cramps that happen at any point during the day, it doesn't matter if I eat or drink anything or what I eat or drink, I just get achey cramps in my abdomen. They are on the left side, the right side and in the middle, which has made it difficult to determine where exactly the source of the ache might be. And lastly, my breasts - which NEVER get sore during PMS - have been sore for the last week. Tender, kind of achey, and really, really annoying...

I suspected a virus, but I don't have a fever. I don't have IBS, and I'm eating fine and drinking lots of water. I had one pregnancy pee test, it was negative. I sat on the issues, figuring it would work itself out, for a week and finally called a doctor, who I saw on Tuesday. She suspected something was off, but didn't know what, so she ordered blood work - to include a pregnancy test.

Today (Thursday) I got a call from the doctor's office saying my blood work came back "normal". Normal is great, but I'm still tired, sore and feeling pukey. What's going on here? Is it possible for a blood test to be wrong? How long am I going to have to put up with these aggrivating symptoms before I know what's going on?

I just want to either feel like myself again, or start picking out tiny clothes... But being told I'm "normal" when I feel so decidedly un normal is very, very frustrating... Anyone have any thoughts? I'd appreciate it! Thanks,

Kate / _[removed]_ (feel free to email me)

hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me out.. i am 17 years old, and think i might be pregnant...i told my (ex) that i could be..but my test came back negative. i have all the symptoms and i havent been stressed lately..i started to throw up tuesday morning..but havent really thrown up again....my boobs hurt and are sore about all the time....and all my jeans dont fit...i have gained weight...i did get pg by a rape about 2 years ago...and my home test came back neg but my doctors test was positive...could someone PLEASE help me thank you so mcuh

hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me out.. i am 17 years old, and think i might be pregnant...i told my (ex) that i could be..but my test came back negative. i have all the symptoms and i havent been stressed lately..i started to throw up tuesday morning..but havent really thrown up again....my boobs hurt and are sore about all the time....and all my jeans dont fit...i have gained weight...i did get pg by a rape about 2 years ago...and my home test came back neg but my doctors test was positive...could someone PLEASE help me thank you so much