I took two home pregnancy tests on two separate days which came out positive. I've missed my period and went to see the gynecologist today. When they did the urine test it came back negative. On the way to the doctor's office, I drank about 32 ounces of water so I would be able to give them a urine sample. I'm wondering if there is any way possible that the urine could have diluted the HcG, thus creating the negative result. The doctor did a pelvic exam as well as blood work including the quantative test. She is having me come back in 48 hours. Has anyone had this happen to them? The doctor said there is still hope that I'm pregnant, but I'm so disappointed right now.

Thanks for any advice!

I'm wondering if you had your positive pregnancy test before or after you missed your period? There is such a thing as a "chemical pregnancy", which ends very early. This may be a possibility in your case. 

The water may have interfered with the test, as well. What you could do is make sure to take a pregnancy test again with your first morning urine, which will be most concentrated after you haven't had any fluids all night. If that shows up positive, that should give you some confirmation. You should ideally use your first morning urine for your test at the doctor's, too. 

I am going through the exact same situation. I have taken 3 clearblue digital tests on sepearte days last week. They all came back positive. I am over a week late and am experiencing some pregnancy symptoms. I handed in a urine sample at the Doctors last week and the result came back negative. I wondered if the sample was done too early at the Doctors as the clearblue one detected 4 days early. Do you think this is possible?

Sometimes the pregnancy kits from the doctors clinics can only be effective after you have missed your period. Unlike the ones from the chemists that can be used prior to knowing you've missed your period.
I too, am in a similar boat. I had two home pregnancy tests come out positive on consecutive days. Had a blood test the following day, and it was negative. My period isn't due for another week or so, but I was getting the sore nipples, dizzyness, nausea. My Doctor can't explain it, but I defiently did the home tests correctly. So, I am confused, and am just hoping my period doesn't come, and the blood tests were done too early or something like that.
I believe drinking a heap of water before, can dilute the urine. You should to do the test on the first wee of the morning, this is when your urine is more concentrated, cause its been building up in your sleep. Hope this helps. x

I have always been regular as clockwork on a 28 day cycle and have been trying to conceive since the start of this year so still early days. However my period is now a week late and I have taken 7 home tests this week (safety in numbers!!) and all came out with a very faint line. Then yesterday I went to the doctor and gave a urine sample which then tested negative. I only took the last home test that morning which was the clearest line yet. I'm reading them at the right time so don't believe its an evaporation line. Don't know what to think!!! Is this common? I expected the doctor to give me a bood test rather than urine, isn't this more accurate?

i took six test four months ago they all came back positive the i go to the hospital and they said i want at 2 % of the hormone and yet i am not pregnant then two weeks ago i took another test and once again positive and missed my peirod and now i am getting cramps i am always tired and i am always feeling like i am going to get sick i took andother test yesterday and it was positive what should i do?

I'm dealing with a very similar situation! Two pregnancy tests, obvious positive after two consecutive light periods. Few weeks later I had a UTI, so I went to the hospital and they said negative with both urine and blood work. I'm afraid to start acting normal *extreme workout regimen here* in case I actually am. My breasts are tender, I have heartburn (which I never got at all before), tummy got bigger, lower back is sore all the time, and more signs, its quite frustrating, cause I know that bladder infections can mess with test results... What way do I go? I don't think anybody has the answer to any of this for us. We just get to be the lucky confused ones who get to wait and see! Exciting.

Two days ago I got three positive First Response pregnancy tests. Then yesterday I started spotting some brown fluid. Just a tiny bit. I went to the doctor and they did a urine test. It was NEGATIVE! I am so confused... So on my way home from the doctor I went and bought another two pack of tests and one was positive and one was a very faint positive. I called my doctor and they are doing a blood test. I will have the results tomorrow but just curious if this happened to any of you. This will be my third child so I feel like I know the symptoms of pregnancy. I have all the symptoms. I can't believe the docs test was negative. Please help.
-Katie

i am going through this right now to i took two home pregnancy test the digital ones and they both came back positive and about 4 days later i went to the docter and they did a urine test there and a blood test and they both came back negitive so im really confused im not to sure what to do?? i dont know if i am pregnant or if im not beause the docter said the test was negitive so im not pregnant but then why would two home tests come back positive???

ME as well?
I have had two misscarages when i was 13 (i am now 17). I had reently had a positive home test. but doctors said negitive blood test.
My midwife believes that bloodtest and urine tests can be negitive. and still can be pregnet, weird?
So im going to wait a few weeks and see if my tummy get more perky. if so. i will get an ultra sound... that will tell me/you.

(please read my post)

I'm confused too. I did a home pregnancy test this morning when I got up and it was positive. I went to the doctors and it came back negative. I've got most of the pregnancy symptoms and ive missed 2 periods!!!

I haven't been to a DR as of yet. I'm still waiting to see if AF shows up. Should be tomorrow. I am on a 30 day clockwork schedule. I have taken 4 HPT all with FMU. 2 of one brand were positive and those were taken 3 days apart 2 of another brand were negative and those were taken the day after the positives. So at this point I am very confused. I figure I would wait for AF (should be tomorrow)and if she doesn't show up then I will go to DR for a test. We have been trying for 6 months with no luck so far and are hoping this is the month. But I have never had this kind of problems with HPT before. Good luck to you all and I hope you get the results you want to hear.

I promise you guys i am so confused myself!
I took 2 Preg Sure pregnancy tests, both faint line positive and NOT evaporation line...
i took 2 Link pregnancy tests, both negative...

I am still 4 days due for my period so i don't know if it is too early to tell?
The doctor's urine test was negative yesterday, will have the blood test result by tomorrow...

I really want this so bad and i was so so disappointed when the doc's urine test was negative!
i want to use my clearblue digital but too scared it is still too early and i get a false negative..

I took a home Pregnancy test it was a digital and it came back postive and then I went to the doctor and took a urine test and it came back negivite now I am worring I had bleed for 2 days I dont know if this is normal but I have 3 girls now and am trying for another baby wondering if all if normal but I have morning sickness,tired all the time and tender breast

i am in the same situation. i did a clearblue test sunday night came back positive 1-2 weeks then went to the doctor tesday mornin with urine sample. he said it was negative. i then did a first response and got faint line then another clearblue and it came positive again 1-2 weeks. i am gonna go back to the doctor in the mornin to shpw him the tests. i heard they only use cheap tests anyways and they only detect pregnancy after a missed period