I am 52 old female. I used to feel pain and stiffness in my back and it passed, but last couple of weeks it feels more like numbness and weakness. Some times my legs jerk, and I have to be whole day on my feet because of the work. I am afraid that these are neurological symptoms. Should I seek medical attention?

Pain , stiffness and tingling, symptoms that you used to feel, are all structural symptoms and they indicate that anatomic structure in your spine has failed to maintain the normal function. And symptoms that you are feeling right now, like weakness and numbness are neurological symptoms and they indicate that neural tissues, such as your nerve roots or spinal cord are compressed or irritated. So you see, there are two different sources for your symptoms, although the spinal condition can simultaneously cause both types of symptoms. That jerk that you feel in your legs can be caused by several neurological conditions along with other symptoms .I advice you to visit your physician as soon as you can.