I had undergone decompression spine surgery at D8-D9 & D9-D10 level in the month of August 2010 (13.08.2010). I was discharged from the hospital after 13 days. At the time of discharge, doctors advised me to put on spinal brace while sitting. On revisit to hospital after 6 weeks, doctors allowed me to stand on my feet with the help of walker. Now after three months of surgery my condition is that I am feeling heaviness and partial numbness in my hips and legs and feet below knees. Due to this I feel difficult to walk without walker. Can some advise me how long it take to recover after this type of spine surgery. I am 46 years old.

Sorry to inform that it will take more than 3 years for recovery and to walk without walker.

Hi I am suresh kumar my age is 40 before 2 years ago my surgery for spinal cord d9 d10. I am better feel after 2 year ago dr. advice me countinue running. but i have a problem my back and left legs stiffness please solution my left legs felixible and back felixible. please advice