I have heard there is no drug on the market designed specifically for tinnitus treatment, which disappointed me a lot. I just know there are several medications that have provided many tinnitus patients with relief. However, they are not without their own caveats, because it is well known some medications that can help tinnitus are also habit forming. In this case, they should only be used when under the care of a physician who understands tinnitus. Since my son is diagnosed with tinnitus, I want to hear if there is cure for it or there are some alternative ways, which can help.

There is no cure for tinnitus and there is no magic pill. We are all searching for something that will make people with tinnitus no longer hear the noises in their ears and head. However, in some cases, tinnitus can be quieted because some people have excessive earwax that blocks outside sound from coming in. When earwax or any foreign object touches the eardrum, tinnitus can be a result. By having a physician or audiologist remove the wax, it is clear, that source of the tinnitus is also removed. Some people with severe hearing loss have found that a cochlear implant helps them hear the world around them. Good thing is that partly makes the tinnitus in their heads much less noticeable. Neither of these examples is a hard and fast cure for problem called tinnitus, but it represents that relief is available and possible. It is not recommend any specific treatment for tinnitus management, because this is for you and your son’s health care provider to determine. Many of alternative treatments for tinnitus are considered controversial because there is too little research on them showing overwhelmingly positive results.