Hi, my daughter is only 2 months old, and she is diagnosed with CF by immunotrypsinogen testing. I am so worried, I have no idea what to do. I heard that this disease is life-shortening and dangerous. Is it common for newborns to be diagnosed with CF?

Hi, my son was diagnosed with CF through IRT-based screening when he was a newborn. I suspected that something was wrong when he started coughing and wheezing all the time, but I thought it was just a virus. I never suspected that this cough is a sign for CD. He had nutritional status, abnormal growth, and pancreatic function, which are the early signs of CF. He was only two months old when he was diagnosed. He often had infections with common pathogens, especially in his lower airways. The doctors said that a treatment for infection should be started immediately, to slower the disease. CF can’t be cured, so we need to do everything in our power to unable its progress.