My 4 months old baby has breathing problems for longer than a week. I first thought it was just a cold but she has trouble breathing that persist so long it is more like rapid breathing and rapid heart beat and all this is accompanied with coughing and wheezing. Her nose is stuffy all the time and during first three days she had a slight fever. I am concerned over these breathing problems at first place and am wondering if this might be some lungs condition related. What do you think?

I think this is what is called bronchiolitis that is usually manifested in breathing problems at first place. It is very common in newborn between 3 and 6 months of age-my baby had it twice and it takes about 10 days to disappear and it is lung related or precisely it is about lung's airways infection so that is why your baby has all those symptoms followed by breathing problems. Anyway this is a viral infection that is contagious and if it won't go away in 10 days than go see a doc - anyway even before this period you should see a doc just in order to determine the proper treatment but usually no special treatment is prescribed for antibiotics won't help here regarding the fact that this is about viral infection that usually disappear on its own.