Hello. I'm 20 year old female and I'm really devastated right now. About two weeks ago my father has been diagnosed with some small cell carcinoma of lungs.
Long before the right diagnosis is set; he has suffered from various symptoms such as a persistent cough, coughing up blood, shortness of breath and wheezing, unexplained weight loss or loss of appetite, fatigue and difficulty swallowing. After contacting his GP and taking some blood test and X-rays- like I said- he was diagnosed with this small cell carcinoma. I don’t know anything about this cancer and any information you could give me would be more then appreciated.

Hello. I'm very sorry to hear that you father has been diagnosed with terrible condition. My grandfather has also been diagnosed with it few years back and that’s why I know some facts about it.
It is characterized by its localization in large central airways and histological composition of sheets of small.
I'm very sorry to say but you should know that small cell lung cancer is among the fastest growing cancers because in great majority of people with this cancer, the cancer already has spread by the time of diagnosis.
Treatment depends on the stage or degree of cancer spread but in most cases chemotherapy is the only option because it is too late for surgery.