My baby is 5 months old and for she already had bronchitis twice she is now suspected of having cystic fibroses and should be having cystic fibrosis screening in the next few days. As I was explained if it is about cystic fibrosis than she inherited it from its parents but I don't get it for I never had no respiratory problems nor my husband ever had them either so I would like to hear something about cystic fibrosis screening –how it is done?

Well if your baby gets cystic fibrosis diagnose than it is genetics related and that means that one or both of her parents-which is very rare but could happen-are actually cystic fibrosis carriers and in this case it is better that your daughter have this cystic fibrosis screening done but you and your husband may also have some CF test just to check on who is cystic fibrosis carrier. Anyway one of the most common cystic fibrosis screening test is so called sweat test but I recommend you wait until your baby is 7 months old for up to this period babies are not producing enough sweats that could provide the proper diagnose but what you can do now is have some other cystic fibrosis test such as taking some blood sample to check upon genetic analyses and this is good cystic fibrosis screening test that could easily determine how serious the cystic fibroses is so the right treatment could be prescribed for you know cystic fibrosis is not just about respiratory difficulties –it is also digestive and intestine related.