Hi, my both left & right nipples are paining from the last 14 years, now I am 31 yrs. of age. I had shown to one doctor, and also made ultrasound. but nothing found & doctor advised me to give it hot-water massage. but nothing has improved, i feels very uncomfortable. You can say my whole career has affected due to this problem. Please somebody help me.

Hi:
It sounds like your nipples are hypersensitive. Here are a couple of ideas: Try putting band aids on your nipples. Try padding your nipples with cotton, etc., inside of your bra to prevent friction. Don't sleep in your bra. Go braless whenever possible. Contact the lactation society. They give nursing mother info on how to prepare their breasts/nipples for breastfeeding, both before and after the baby's birth. They might be very helpful to you. Keep in touch with the doctor to make sure that your problem isn't disease related and to be sure that it doesn't develop into something else...just to be safe. I hope that you will find comfort very soon.

Hi there,

Sounds uncomfortable but nothing more serious than that. The female nipple is sensitive and some women have more sensitivity than others. As was mentioned above avoid friction at all cost as that will cause irritation and rubbing due to the sensitivity. My question to you is how has this effected your career? Please write us back to explain so that we can help you further. Hope to hear from you soon.