The strangest thing has happened to me. I’m in my forties and I’m still not in the menopause. In order to reduce my weight, I started running a month ago. I don’t run a lot, only about half an hour few times a week, but I do feel tired and exhausted after training. I’ve noticed that I’ve got lactation a few days ago. Is it possible to get lactation from running?

Health Guru

Hi, do you wear a normal bra or a proper sports bra when you run and are you large breasted?

I must say that I recall having heard of something like that! Running can initiate certain processes in your body, and lactation can be one of them, though rarely. I’ve even heard of the phenomenon of male lactation, which can be caused by certain drugs, especially the ones for treating psychosis. Other reasons may include stress combined with excessive physical activity. Maybe you should go and check your hormonal balance and the overall health condition. In a nutshell, go and see your doctor, because if you haven’t had physical activities before and you’re in your forties, starting now can be a shock to your body and it reacted this way. Anyway, I think it’s nothing too serious.