Hello
I get very painful nipples when its cold and believe it is Raynaud's phenomenon.

I told my Dr about geting cold fingers and he said he would do a blood test for Raynaud's phenomenon.

I had forgotten that when I visit in a very cold place or town etc even though I have lots of clothes on my nipples get so cold its extremely painful. So even though I was dressed warmly my nipples would become very sore

When I tried to breast feed my children it was so bad I couldnt continue so now I believe I have Raynaud's phenomenon .

Sally

Hi, as i could find Raynaud's phenomena usually causes discoloration on fingers, toes and occasionally other extremities. Also this phenomena is more common to women them men.
It causes painful, pale, cold extremities. But it also can occurred in breastfeeding mothers, causing nipples to turn white and be extremely painful. So i think that you really might have this phenomena. Some of treatments are hormone regulation. Contraception which is low in estrogen is preferable, and the progesterone only pill is often prescribed.

How long have you had painful nipples? I imagine that since you are posting here that it has lasted for awhile but maybe it's a recent phenomenon. I think that if it's been going on for awhile then it would be Raynaud's phenomenon but if it's a recent development then there could be other causes. I don't want to speculate as I'm not a doctor so I'm glad that you've ordered blood tests so you can find a solution to your issues, or at least an explanation for them! Hopefully you can live your life with a little more comfort soon.

i have the same issue when its cold. I have not had children, which seems to be related to most of the forums i have read. I have just started running the trails and thats when i feel affected the most. I know its not chaffing because i have very good bra support. 

I recently purchased some silicone gel patches designed for a smooth look if you want to go braless. I use them in my running bra and I have no problem with the cold so far. Granted it is still august and its only going to get colder, but i am so much happier running now.