Hi, I'm a seventeen year old male.
I really hope this works and I receive a response. I have two questions concerning my sex drive. I'll start chronologically. starting this summer, I got involved with a new girlfriend, my first in a while. when we got to the point of the bedsheets, I had a VERY easy time getting an erection. As soon as she started in on me, (with a hand or orally, no sex until marriage), it would go fine, until she stopped for no more than a few seconds for a break or whatever the reason may be. Right after that, I would lose it, even if i told her it was going away and to continue, i would lose it. the strangest part is that if we wait 5 minutes after this happens, i will erect again just as easily. this is insanely frustrating, as you could imagine, since its now mid october, and ive managed to orgasm with her once. I dont exercise often, because im quite skinny and dont play sports. therefore im very out of shape. i also recently started smoking, but this problem was taking place before that point. when i masturbate, i dont have a problem. before we started seeing each other, i dont think i had any sexual encounters with a girl since 9th grade, when i lost my virginity. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!?!?! what can i do to make it better?
My second question, with similar concerns, is about ADD. Ive had ADD for a long time, I believe, but was just recently prescribed to adderall. after only a couple days of taking it, it was perfectly clear there was a side affect that the doctor didnt warn me about... my penis had gone down in size, as if i had just spent a long time in cold water. when i attempted to do something about this, (possibly give myself an erection), I was not able to. This lasted for the rest of the day, and Ive had the same problem every time Ive taken the pill since. through online research, i discovered there are many people who suffer this from adderal. so my question is, will this possibly go away after my body gets used to it? also, will the problem persist even after a day or two of not taking the pill. finally, is there a chance of a long term or permanent effect of ED or a loss of penis size?
IF YOU COULD HELP ME IT WOULD BE A LIFE SAVER. this has caused me a great deal of stress, possibly made my relationship worse, and lowers my self esteem as you can imagine. THANK YOU PLEASE RESPOND

Hey Slimguy,

Yes people tend to have this problem with adderall, its listed as a side effect.

Oddly enough it's not for ritalin, and yet on ritalin I get the exact same problem as you described. Since I've switched to dexedrine(same drug as adderall different delivery) the problem has gone completely away.

Perhaps ritalin may be a better choice for you.

don't worry, it's only small when you're not doing anything. The size of your erections are the same as before. It just grows more than it did before. Don't get frusterated when you soften up either, just focus on your girl for a moment and it'll be back up before you even realize it.

I'm a 47 yr. old male, attorney and have been using Adderal 10mg 3x/day + 30 mg Sustained release, for 20 yrs. I know I couldn't do what I do without it. I am also very sexually active and suffer from E.D., although it runs in the family, so I don't know if there is any correlation. I take the little blue pill and my girlfriend thinks I'm a god, so I don't think Adderal should have any bearing on sexual function. What I [/img]HAVE noticed is that Adderal seems to make me a much more serious chap than I might otherwise have been without it - but again, I've been taking it for so long that I can't remember being any different. I do appreciate what it does for me and frankly my biggest (secret) fear is that the labs will all run out of the stuff! Seriously though, I watch my weight but don't exercise and my blood pressure is slightly elevated (173/60), not too bad for an out-of-shape, Adderal user! Great stuff indeed! I was told a long time ago that the reason Ritalin didn't work for me was because Ritalin is a very narrow salt and is only effective for a very small range of neurological functions; whereas, Adderal is a broad spectrum Amphetamine Salt, and sort of sprays a lot of different indications, much like a shotgun would be compared to a 9mm. So, if you're having any problems taking it, my advice: don't abuse it, take it exactly as prescribed and do not mix it with any other CNS stimulant, such as nicotine or any other SSRI's such as anti-depressants etc. I know many times, docs will prescribe Adderal and Wellbutrin to give an added effect and/or in order to calm you as you come off Adderal. I tried the two in combination and wrecked on my bicycle because I was dizzy. I didn't realize it however. I stopped it many years ago and the only drug I take now is Adderal and I find that because I can screen out the various multi-sensor stimulation that my senses take in, I am calmer generally. It seems very much like a calming influence and I could not be without it. Good luck to you!

Hey man, Im takin adderall too.

First off though, as far as losing it after your girl stops, that normal. If you start wanking it some day and then stop for a minute or two, you lose your hornyness for a brief period. I use it to my advantage.

So, about the adderall. First off, I know what you're talking about when you say you lose the sex drive, but theres a couple of things here. First, there a A LOT of ADD drugs out their, go ahead and try a new one. Second, for me personally, the lack of a sex drive is only apparent to me know when I havent taken my pill in a day or two and when I do it has VERY strong effects. Depending on how long you take it, it should start wearing off, and you have to go through the process of getting higher and higher mg dosages, until you "plateau". And when you do that, you dont lose the sex drive, like myself. Also, when I dont masturbate for a day, I am sooo turned on.

And lastly, Im your typical late bloomer and at 16 Im still growing and stuck at a hair under 6in. Thats fine with me, it hasnt hurt my confidence around girls, (still a virgin), but I think it may have an affect on my soft size. If you saw my penis when Im soft, it would be embarrasing for me. Ill try stopping taking the pill for a bit sometime soon to see if that changes, but as a growing teen I can guarentee it has no permanent affect on your penis size, as mine has not stopped growing.

Hey, it's been a while, but hopefully you still are checking back. I am 21 years old and I had been taking adderall for about 8 months. I had experienced the issues your boyfriend is complaining about. I had a hard time getting an erection, and keeping one. But, this is also made worse when I do not take the drug as prescribed. I have stopped taking it all together, except for when I need to study, and I am now much happier. I still have some slight erection issues, but it is much much better than it was. His misuse of the the drug will only get worse with time, as his body gains resistance to the effects of it. If you really want to stay with him, I would suggest trying to get him to stop taking the drug, or at least take it exactly as prescribed (I didn't notice many problems until I started misuse). Adderall made me a different person. I was always concentrated on what I was doing, and cared nothing about the people around me. I was no longer fun to be around (I am a very funny and nice person usually) and people started to notice I was different. If he starts to really change for the worse, then getting him to stop or significantly lower his doses will be one surefire way to get him back to the way he was when you first started dating.

Been awhile since your post but I can assure you the effects your getting from adderall occur in many users including myself the cold water effect on the manhood goes away as the medication wears off in the evening.
And for the most part things are back to normal. I have been taking A.
for 8 years off and on depending on the classes i am taking and notice the same effects ( difficulty gaining/maintaining erection, orgasm ect...)
when not taking A. everything returns to normal. I am researching and going to disccuss with the Doc another med. because I am tired of avoiding sex until late evening when most effects of A. have worn off.
If anyone out there knows of a med that works as good without the sexual side effects please advise.

Yeah, I'm a 19 year old female. Generally, I've had MAJOR arousal issues for the past 5 years. (I haven't gotten sexually turned on 99% of the past 5 years) Normally I can masturbate for a bit, and I ALWAYS orgasm. BUT, I got some Adderall so I could study for an important class, and I masturbated. It took me from a little before 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m to orgasm. NO KIDDING. Who the hell does that!?! NEVER in my life has it taken THAT LONG to do that. But, I was on that stuff, so I just kept at it, and when it DID happen, it was freakin' AMAZING. It still got me pissed that it took me forever. I struggle so horribly with my sexual arousal (at such a young age, too) I was really looking forward to this stuff, and now I am not so sure. =|

Hey wow this is like two years old lol. But yes i am a 19 year old male who is having similar problems. I stumbled upon this forum because i was searching up if my problems were abnormal, which I now know they aren't. I have been taking usually 40 to 60 mg of the extended release addies when i have to go to class or have to do some chores or just anything that requires the gung-ho to get it done. I managed to get this very attractive woman with me on our first date (lucky me) but, lo and behold, no hard-on at all. Even after she started jerking it off i got no response. Talk about your night ruiner. The doctors never told me this would be a side effect, and since i only lost my virginity early last year it never really bothered me. When i masturbate while on addies its harder to get it up and any pauses will shrink my penis in what seems like warp speed. Sometimes its where i have to wait till a later time in the day to have sex even though im incredibly turned on. At first i thought it might have been because i used to be a big figure in the cocaine scene, coke known to give you a kind of erectile dysfunction problem. Ive tried everything to help because sometimes it happens when im not even on addies. From energy drinks to pills to whatever. What i recommend is going to a sex shop, one with more than just movies and stuff, and getting some of their potency products. They had some kind of drink that is supposed to have many different aphrodisiacs, (sorry if spelling off) which i thought was bogus, but when i tried it i was hornier than ever. I went on my girl twice and i still was ready for more. I think it ended up we went 6 or 7 times. My point is something along those lines are the best thing to use if those problems do occur. Cheesy as they sound, they do work. Thanks guys you all helped me out a great deal!! :-D

i am 36 and i take 10mg of adderal 3x a day and i cant get no errection at all ,its killing my self esteem

That took a lot of courage for a teen to admit. Good for you. I remember 17, a hard on every time the wind blew, a stray thought, I saw boobs, etc and literally all the time and waking up with a morning wood every morning. Looking back, due to my ADD I did have trouble having orgasms during intercourse and could last 30 minutes. Sometimes I also had trouble getting an erection and had to manually stimulate my penis. Although this went away as I became an adult. I just thought it was due to being a nervous adolescent. I didn’t discover my ADD until I was in my early 40’s. Then a lot of my frustrations began to make sense.

As far as shrinking penis and sex drive. Wow, me too. I have been on Adderall and thought it was just me and my age. (57) but my symptoms are the same as with you guys. I could not believe that my penis was getting smaller. Sometimes I literally get my foreskin back and I am circumcised. It just pulls back into itself. I began to think I was suffering from reduced blood circulation, after all that is why we have erections. I also have a loss of sexual drive. I’m interested but it just doesn’t register. It is as if the sexual interest in my mind has become disconnected with the exciting physical feelings and stirrings in my groin. Spontaneous erection - what's that? I also have trouble with physical excitation, Masturbating is frustrating, a climax is hard to get and often unfulfilling, like opening a flat bottle of soda. Whoopee. I am going to ask for a change of meds. I also take a small dose of Wilburton and Prozac for anxiety. Yes these drugs do list as a side effect, sexual drive. I have had some success with natural supplements for blood circulation and blood vessels by taking omega-3 and niacin which has been great for my HDL and LDL cholesterol. I had thought that perhaps the blood vessels that work with erections and the spongy vessels in the penis were reduced with cholesterol and thus reduced erections. For improved circulation I also take L-Arginine and Lysine. I’m still small but do better for erections. I will just keep trying but one thing is for sure. Life without Adderall is hell. It is a two-edged sword. I was able to back to school and not only graduate but I also got my masters.

Guest wrote:

Hey wow this is like two years old lol. But yes i am a 19 year old male who is having similar problems. I stumbled upon this forum because i was searching up if my problems were abnormal, which I now know they aren't. I have been taking usually 40 to 60 mg of the extended release addies when i have to go to class or have to do some chores or just anything that requires the gung-ho to get it done. I managed to get this very attractive woman with me on our first date (lucky me) but, lo and behold, no hard-on at all. Even after she started jerking it off i got no response. Talk about your night ruiner. The doctors never told me this would be a side effect, and since i only lost my virginity early last year it never really bothered me. When i masturbate while on addies its harder to get it up and any pauses will shrink my penis in what seems like warp speed. Sometimes its where i have to wait till a later time in the day to have sex even though im incredibly turned on. At first i thought it might have been because i used to be a big figure in the cocaine scene, coke known to give you a kind of erectile dysfunction problem. Ive tried everything to help because sometimes it happens when im not even on addies. From energy drinks to pills to whatever. What i recommend is going to a sex shop, one with more than just movies and stuff, and getting some of their potency products. They had some kind of drink that is supposed to have many different aphrodisiacs, (sorry if spelling off) which i thought was bogus, but when i tried it i was hornier than ever. I went on my girl twice and i still was ready for more. I think it ended up we went 6 or 7 times. My point is something along those lines are the best thing to use if those problems do occur. Cheesy as they sound, they do work. Thanks guys you all helped me out a great deal!! :D

I know how you feel being in my early 20's however it must have a different effect on everyone, It allowed longer time to ejaculate for me and would allow for me to have a etter orgasm at the end.
Yes your penis may be soft when not hard and smaller however when you get hard it is normal as it grows back to its normal self.

Same thing happened to me last night. They should put "MAY CAUSE PENILE INSUBORDINATION" on every bottle, so you can show it to your partner if you need to. This site is a great relief though. I feel like the makers of adderall owe me something, like a time machine so I can go back to yesterday and throw their crappy pills in the trash.

i have been taking aderall for about 6 years now, i didn't really notice the sex side effects till i was 17 and first had sex. i had the EXACT same problem. i started just not taking it on days i would see her, then i found this awesome little pill in england. it is called the Golden Root Complex, its a godsend. i got 2 there and had beyond amazing sex drive and a great erection and stamina. i have never tried anything like that before and wow it changed my life. i looked online and they are available to order, i googled it. but i definitely am ordering some, after i ran out of the two and went back to not taking aderall its just not the same.

I'm a 33M taking 20mgs of Adderall x2 per day and had the same issues. Go to GNC and purchase "turned on Goat Weed" tablets. Follow the instructions and the "limp" problems should subside in 3-4 days! Trust me on this one...