hey guys, I need help my doc has had me on 8 norco a day for three years I know it does not sound like much but i need it to even move i am sure that i am dependant not adicted but i go in to withdrawl every night
i am prescribed 2 pills every 4 hours do the math I have 12 without. He suggested,and wants me to take suboxone, but all the info i read on that is scary I am in cronic pain another doc said it was just a maintenece dose at this point norco that is but from what i have read nothing works after you take suboxone I have a competitive job there is someone ready to take it if i can not do it. I function well on norco but am very unsure about suboxone
Thanks
Workin Mom

Hey there fellow chronic-pain brothers & sisters @ arms in the war against getting what we need to live..ive had cancer 3X's,back & leg problems since birth..and to me the worst pain ever TMJ..I have been taking narcotic pain meds for 25 years..if i dont take them i cant function...so..to please my new doctor of 5 yrs(i say that because i had one Doctor for 20 yrs..and never ever gave me a problem) i didnt get my drug-addict speech until i moved to VA and met my new Doctor) getting back..to please this new Dr...i went on Suboxone..now??what can i say about Suboxone?? is it an answer or a means to an end..took it for 4 months..it really did help with some pain..i took 800IB to help it along..it can work..BUT???!! You need to be on some kind of waterpill..i gained 30lbs in 4 months..i just went back to Norcos 3X's a day..its been 16 days and im out a week already..the Norco is not working...i think the Suboxone did something in that 4 months(besides put 30lbs on me) it seems i could not get any pain relief without taking 2 at a time 3X's a day..He also gave me Ultrams..they used to work a little...now not at all...I would say..a means to an end!! and from what i hear..the end might be coming soon..Crazy huh?? putting an end to pain meds...its like putting millions of people out of their misery