Its day 8 on Suboxone for me, I went through a horrible bout of depression this past week. Thinking and saying to myself I wasn’t going to make it, but I made it. I am outpatient who is one week off opiates; although I can’t say I don’t want to do it right now, because I still do. On the bright side I’m beginning to see there is life off of opiates. The depression comes and goes. I am not sure what are my without suboxone treatment.

I need to talk to someone who is going thought the same thing as I do. One thing I’m afraid of is I will be judged about being on Suboxone, but that is probably the disease telling me that. My Doctor wants the treatment to be 4- 6 weeks tops. I was outpatient on suboxone treatment for one week. So 1/2 of my 30 days in rehab was spent on dying of the hard-core withdrawal symptoms.

I am a patient at the done clinic for the 2nd time. The first time I tapered off after 6 months and caught some serious w/drawals which drove me right back to the streets. After eliminating my relationship and made the decision to be alone (I get addicted to men also) I went back into the clinic. I have decided to switch to suboxone. They say get down to 30mgs and I can switch, but to be safe I will probably take a day off b4 my first suboxone. They said 6-8 weeks on it. I am terrified of how hard the detox is from the suboxone. I am also on Lexapro for depression. Don't know if it will matter. I just want to be INdependant not DEpendant...It just doesn't work. Any tips or future friends dawnsunrisemarie at yahoo.

Yes, Suboxone works everyone i know liked the way it worked. I used Oc's and Heroin for 2 yrs there isn't hardly any withdrawls from suboxone. Methondone sucks its just replaces one drug for another.

I was taking more than 10+ 80's per day of Oxycontin and my family took me to an Assisted Recovery Place. I was given Suboxone and took it as directed. 3 - 8mg pills per day under the tongue.

The reason I never stopped taking Oxycontin before Suboxone because I knew I could not deal w/ the withdrawals.

The first 2 days I had muscle aches. By the 3rd day, I felt like a new person except I was depressed. I was amazed that I did not even throw up or get sick. If I knew how good Suboxone worked, I would have done it 3 years ago.

The cost of the place I went to was $400 upfront & $50 a week +$120 week for the cost of the prescription. Very cheap compared to the cost of Oxycontin.

It has been about 45 days since I got off Oxycontin. I have lost 30 lbs. and I feel like I'm 16 again. I was depressed and was given Welbutrin to deal with it. It also worked wonders.

If you are addicted to Oxycontin, no matter how much your taking a day you can go right on Suboxone and trust me it's so much easier than detoxing cold turkey. It pretty much eliminates withdrawal completely.

Go to this website to find a doctor in your area.
http://www.suboxone.com/patients/resources/find_a_doctor.aspx

If you have any questions, post them in this thread and I will help anyone who needs it with finding a doctor who can prescribe Suboxone for you.

thanks for listening.

I have been on opiates for over 2 years. First it was just percocet....6-7 a day. Ihad broken my foot at the time that htey were perscribed. (I also have a hernatiated dic and lived with crazy pain....but never took opiates)Iguess my foot dr got tired of perscribing them so they reccomended some cronc pain Dr. went to him and and he perscribed 60 mgs of oxycotin a day they most I every took a day was 170mg only a few times I loved they high! Anyway I WANTED TO GET off all c**p and take nothing so my Dr perscribed Suboxone today....am haveing with-drawls a bit from they oxys -last time I took them was yesterday only 50mg but still abole to focus some what...MY problem is I am afraid to take the suboxone....I think I am doing pretty well ahve cramps as moody as hell and sweaty etc....but should I deal with this instead of sustituting one drug for another?????? I am afraid I will get the craving BUT I DO NOT WANT THEM IN MY LIFE AT ALL I would rather suffer with pain. HOwever, I am afraid of the withdrawls later on tomorrow and I am afraid of the withdrawls of SUBOXONE if I take that tonight I still havent' heard back from my DR (gave me his cell #) Don't knw what to do...... ANYONE OT THER NOW??

i have been on sub. for a bout 10 days now and i feel good i have plenty energy @ work i dont feel all down like when im not on my hydro/oxy, i feel like a whole new person sort of like i felt b 4 i ever took any pain meds n my life im was prescribed 8mg/ 2 tabs a day i can go on one tab all day take a half 1st thing when i i wake up then take another half bout half way thru the day im gonna tryin cutting back and and taking 4 mg/s a day then try 2 wing my self off of it but they got me feeling so normal like i aint felt in such a long time im debating on how much longer i wanna be on these meds 4 b 4 i wing my-self off them

im a 7 year heroin addict and been in and out of rehab 5x. had a stroke at 23 trying to take my monthly football size heroin sh*t while smoking crack. 2 heart attack speedballen, and ect...ect... and heres alittle trick i learned from rehab. while in rehab my room mate was telling me how he has figures out a way to cheat dope sickness. i didnt belive him but when i relapsed and i only had a weekend to kick and go back to work i thought hell i ll try it. what i did was i got a hold of 5 8mg subs. and a 40 bag of baltimores finest. i used the 40 bag enjoyed my high for a hour or two then placed 16mgs of sub under my toung. oh and also were importent to get some blood pressure med. .3mg of cloinpins try to get at least 5 to be safe. and have someone check up on u. i had my girlfriend lay next to my she watched movies. any who after taking the subs in about 30mins i started to sweat very heavely. in 1 hour i was in full withdrawals. one of the worst. bones shattering from inside out. i took another 4mgs then in an hour another 4mgs. it was weard because it was sike and at the same time was able to lay there calmly. i didnt need the clonipin but took one anyways. after about 12 hours of feeling like sh*t i fell asleep. when i woke up i felt alittle shitty leg a bit sore but not feeling the heroin wd's. what i did was my own rapid detox at home. could be dangrous if you r in bad health or very old but im only 25. my room mate at rehab had been to 2 rapid detoxes and had had told me the process. well with the exception of one thing they knock u out in rapid detox but at home u just have to suffer for 12 hours. better then paying 15k or a week of dopesickness. suboxone has naloxone in it which forces the dope out of your recptors by force, and clonipins keep your blood pressure in check. in rapid detox a 20 hour process they knock u out and put naloxone in u. u r on a monator to make sure your blood pressure doesnt get too high. if it does they give you meds. really thats all theres to it. when you waKE UP. it all over. you wont feel peachy but you will be able to function. they scare you to by telling you not to try at home , that it dangrous but if you r young and in good health not much more dangrous the kicking a bad dope habit cold turkey. i did this on friday night by monday i was back at work. took some xanax for a week to sleep and meds for the sh**s but i couldnt belive it it felt like i ve cheated death. if u dont belive me try it. i was a skeptic myself but it works. all i needed was 32mgs of subs which was 8mgs of naloxone and some clonipin .3mgs. and some good company. and dont forget to drink fluids. if u have a blood pressure monator around it would be good but i did even bother. again if you have the resources or the time im sure there r better way but for a working person like me, it was the best bet. only thing is i feel like i got off too eaisly and now my brains trying to tell me to go on another binge. danced with the devil and cheated death. how could this be? im sure more and more people will figure it out and start posting it online but remember you heard it here first.

Dude im not saying your method dosent work but there's a few problems with your directions... First off, the "clonipin" you mentioned is actually spelled klonopin and it's a benzo (nerv pill) not a blood pressure medication... The pill your thinking of is called clonidine and it is a blood pressure pill and it controls the cold sweats and shivering by keeping your blood preasure normal. You should also get an OTC allergy medication to control the runny nose and snezing that comes with the withdraws. But honestly you won't need anything but suboxone if you can get your hands on it. I was addicted to opiates for 3 12 years and I detoxed off em with sobos and it was a very comfortable detox. Suboxone is a life saving drug.

Hello my name is andrew, today is sunday, tomorrow i will be going to get evaluated to find out if i will be able to get suboxone, i have been on hydrocodone for nearly 3 years do to painful degenerative disc disorder, and have became addicted. I have tried going to a 30 day rehab program, costing ten grand, but left due to what i feel being mistreated. I was told i would be offered comfort drugs (suboxone) but every time i would tell the nurses i needed it i would get denied. The entire few days i was there i suffered through horrible withdrawals, though i never seemed to reach that "certain number" on the withdrawal evaluation chart. I ended up checking out against doctors orders a few days later. I am now 18 and want to start enrolling for college classes, and would like to actually hold a job down and get my life back on track. I guess what im asking is, is it common for a doctor to prescribe in home suboxone treatment? I dont think i really belong in a rehab program, i just have been on these things for too long. Thanks for listening.

There are certain doctors that can prescribe at home suboxone treatment.