I did about 8 80 mil oxys a day and withdrew from that in jail(pure hell)
I was sent to a rehab for 9 mos as a part of a plea agreement and it wound up being the best thing that ever happened to me. I got out, Found a great woman( We're getting married in Feb.- and yes she knows all about my addiction)great job, etc. Well about four months ago, someone had methadose tabs at work. Needless to say, I relapsed and was doing 40-80 mils a day. My girl found out and flipped! My addiction got the best of me. Anyway, after about 2 days of a horrendous chippy, My girl took me to a suboxone treatment ctr. I just didn't want to take anything anymore, again! He prescribed me 24 mils day. But I did it my own way. And It worked like a charm.16 the first day, 12 for the next 2 days, 8 for the next 2,4 for the next 4, 2 for the next 6, then stopped. Not a single withdrawal symptom. My point is, that docs. want to prescribe u as much as they can to keep u coming back. But if u want to really get off any opiate, I found that suboxone is unbeleivably effective. And is very easy to come off if u use it the right way!

Can you get suboxone here in Canada? if not can it be mailed?

Thanks
Steve

I was so glad to read your post. I am also an addict to opiates. Taking on an average 20 10mg of percs or 3 40mg of oxy or 50mg of methadone a day what ever I could get my hands on or afford. I took my last opiate on Sunday 12/30. Started Sub on 1/1. My doc started me out on 16mg everyday for 2 weeks till I see him again. After reading the nighmare stories. I immediately started weaning myself. I had already taken 2 days of 16mg when I read the stories and the next day took 8mg then another day of 8mg. Tommorw I will start the 4mg for 2 days. I am hoping I am doing the right thing. I dont want to go through the hell that others have gone through. I know it aint gonna be pretty because there is no miricle cure but I am hoping for something tolerable. I started Sub with the intentions on taking it for several months (said the Doctor) but now NO WAY!!!!!!! I am scared but definetly ready

The previous poster called Suboxone a "scam". Well, if he is willing to white-knickle it, miss work, vomit, not sleep for ten days, suqirm uncontrollably, and call that "tough" or "the right way", well then, he can have it. For me, a 5-year opiate addict (adjunct through a massive back injury), Suboxone is a blessing like none other. I have the legitimate right and prescriptions, due to my chronic back pain. Yet, ***I*** made the choice to deal with the pain, and get rid of the opiates....just for myself. I tried cold turkey for all of 24 hours, and I was more miserable than I have ever been in my life. If I could sleep it off, it wouldn't have been a problem. But being completely unable to sleep, thus go to work the next day.....that was NOT an acceptable option....I am a busy professional. Suboxone allowed me to live my life, recover, and address continued treatment such as NA. yes, the docs want you to stay on MUCH longer than necessary....I strongly recommend a much quicker taper than most docsd want. BUT......Suboxone in and of itsself is the ONE thing that kept me from going back to my readily-available pills--which, by the way, are FREE in my insurance plan--if that doesn't tell you how good Suboxone is--me choosing IT over nearly unlimited ***FREE*** opiates, I don't know what is. Don't let this guy's desire to white-knuckle it influence you! If YOU need to get off opiates, PLEASE consider Suboxone--it saved my life!

I second this post.

Buprenorphine/Suboxone SAVES LIVES.

Don't judge what one choose's over another.

People who say that Buprenorphine/Suboxone is a scam, needs to be more educated on it. Or they just couldn't get it during their recovery.

Buprenorphine/Suboxone: is not yet available in Canada as far as I know. I am also waiting for it to be available in Canada, as I go to the states right now to get this medication.

I am still withdrawing from suboxon and its been a week since i took even the littlest piece. I had been taking it for about 2 months. I didnt start withdrawing till day 2 of not taking a piece. Since its not perscribed I thought the longer I stayed on it the better. Boy was I wrong! I think this was worse then from a regular opiate. But i am white knuckeling it and it sucks bad. my pupils are still huge. My boyfriend is still taking them and im afraid that he will not be able to get through this like i am. and yeah suboxon def got me high. Sort of speedy. But not paranoid speedy, well not until I was over doing it, and what made me to really stick to getting off of them was the fact there messing up my body bad. It scared me enough that im still white knuckeling it! Feels like i will never feel good again but maybe tomorow. Good luck to all in these situations.Be strong and picture the awesome future of not being a slave to opiates!

I was addicted to opiates for 3 years , starting from 3 back to back surgery's ...then before ya knew it I was a frequent flyer at the local ER rooms to get my hands on more pain pills. A friend told me about Suboxon and here I am 8 months later opiate free. suboxon saved not only my job but my family relationships. I was a mess on the vicodins & percocet's. Always worried about how I would get my next day's 20 pills.
I spent every waking moment worried about getting those pills...NOW all I have to worry about is going to the pharmacy once a month.
Now I'm ready to taper myself off. I hear it's hard.....any suggestions???

i have been taking suboxonew for about 4 years. And i ended up moving and today i haven't had any. i feel lazy and tired! i was on 16 mgs and weened down to 8 mg everyday! my old doc couldnt do anything because i am across state lines. so now i am wondering how bad this is going to be. i just had a baby and i need to be prepared about this. if anyone could let me know how long it last n how bad it is? I feel that i was on it for way to long. and i regret getting on it for myself. i did feel high like another person had said and it was a speedy high! please let me know how bad withdrawls are and how long they last. :-(

I have been going through severe suboxone withdrawals for 15 days now and i was taking it for over 4 years (low dose though 2-4mg max). i did it wrong though.. You really need to take your time and taper off slowly.. otherwise make sure your committed because its just as hard as kickin' H or oxy and lasts longer than both of the those by far because of suboxones half-life. You can try to speed up the precess by staying healthy, drink tea, sport drinks. And if you see a doctor while your w/d-ing they can give u xanax and clonidine which is what i just got. And just remember why your detoxing in the first place. Keep at it!

me and my husband has been on suboxone for a little over a year now we take 2 8mg pills daily and i just want to see if i can get some feedback from anyone that has taken suboxone for as long as we have and successful came off or is in the process of it and how they feel don't get me wrong we want off and eventually will get off but he works a lot and can't miss he can't not sleep my question is do you have those restless nights we have all had as adics result of not having your meds the restless & hurting legs can't sleep can't eat type deal i guess you all can tell i have no clue how to come off i need a easy way we no we are going to suffer some but not as bad as coming off oxy's were hoping so please if you can help me please do we sure do appreciate you,

good luck to all

For those of you praising the Suboxone treatment, there is one point that you are failing to discuss...you are still on it. I too once praised this "miracle drug" as a life saver from my withdrawal symptoms from methadone. I was a mess...uncontrollable diareah, restess legs, sleeplessness, pain, pain. pain. So I went to a suboxone dr 300 miles away for help. He helped alright, he helped to keep me addicted to Suboxone for going on two years. Everytime I would ask when I would taper down, or how the withdrawal would feel, he would always say the same thing..."We'll talk about that the next time. You are not ready yet." For 2 freaking years that was always his response. And I HAD to make the 300 mile drive once every month or else I wouldn't get my script. Not to mention the $200 up front dr fee that was non-negotiable every month and the $300+ for the script itself.

All in all, I am very disappointed with the Suboxone treatment that I recieved. I finally saw the situation for what it was....a continuation of previous behaviors. Except on Suboxone, the Dr became my dope dealer and I trusted him to help. Now 3 days of of 1mg per day, I am a freaking mess. I am experiencing many of the same painful and irritating symptoms that I felt when detoxing off of methadone. What's worse, and I hear many stories that support my experience, the lack of sleep is downright brutal and hellish. If ONLY I COULD SLEEP! Just for 30 minutes! But no...there is no rest for the detoxing Suboxone patient.

Finally, my so called Dr won't even help. I called to ask for some type of sleep remedy because I DO NOT want to continue the suboxone treatment. He says that he needs $200 up front to even consider calling anything in! And he continues to try to push his suboxone dope on me saying that it is the only cure!

Think twice before starting on suboxone. As I sit here in agony I truly would not wish this on my worst enemy.

So did u finally got off or u still on it?

Getting off suboxone is not as difficult or as painful as some people maintain - here is a system that worked for me and subsequently many of my friends. The first rule is that you do it very very slowly - suboxone can linger in your system for months - yes months - so when you reduce dosages stay on that dosage for at least 1-2 months to allow you system to adjust. You have to fully adjust to each new dose before you reduce to the next lower dose e.g. Start at 8 mg ad go to 7.5mg stay there for 2 months and then go down to 7mg. It is going to take along time but this gradual adjustment will allow you to function and will reduce the temptation of a relapse - in my case to Heroin for 10 yrs so I did not want to go back. Once you get to 2mg reduce by .25 mg. From 1mg down you will then have to reduce by .125mg. To do this you will have to split the 2 mg tablets into 8 pieces (crumbs basically) and follow the 1-2 month adjustment plan. Finally when you have been on your last dosage (.125mg) for 1-2 months you can stop taking subs completely. If you follow this system the jump off is not that bad - I promise. I recommend then that you take a combination of advil, multi vitamins as well as milk thistle and st johns wort if you have budget for it. If you need help or have questions please post a response and I will notified by email that your question is waiting. Good luck good people and God be with you. The Subhelper helps.

Hi there, how many people have successfully completed this treatment? I'd like to know if you have an answer because this seems very intensive. If you have any information, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

I personally know about 10 people that this has worked for. Also I have received emails from 100's of others I have never met. Some people have reported that they could go faster than I have prescribed. Be aware of your bodies reaction to each lower dose and then determine whether you make the next jump down in weeks or the 1-2 month time frame I have recommended. Good luck and God Bless - The Sub Helper