My son suffers from nose bleeds, migraines, tiredness and is ill alot. We saw a program on discovery health that listed these symptoms exactly and was the result of too many arteries in the lungs. It was called hhc or something like that. Can you give me the name for this? The youths had surgery to close the extra arteries in his lungs and was then fine. Please can you help? Thank You

Hello there.

Well if I have understand you right, I believe that this is the answer. Hemochromatosis is an inherited disease. This is condition in which too much iron builds up in the body.

Iron is a mineral found in many foods and your son’s body would normally absorb about 10 percent of the iron in the food he eats. But if he has hemochromatosis than your son’s body absorb more iron than he needs.

Unfortunately there is no way to get rid of that extra iron. Without treatment this condition can cause your son’s organs to fail.

The most common treatment is to remove blood through therapeutic phlebotomy. Medicines may also help to remove extra iron. I hope this was helpful.