My brother is 29 years old and has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. You just cannot imagine what a shock that was for all of us, even though we knew there is something wrong with him. I guess we all wanted to believe that he is still that dear person he used to be. Can you tell me how do emotions shut down in any neurological disorder? Will that happen to him too?

Emotions can easily be disturbed, I mean, that happens to healthy people, so you realize how easily that happens to mental patients. Usually, in many conditions, there are several types of emotional disorders, such as complete indifference (lack of emotions), also there are emotions directed to wrong persons and objects, decreased and increased intensity etc... And unfortunately, emotional issues happen often in schizophrenia...